some doors i did today. what do you guys think?

they are far form what you guys generally do with fiberglass and stuff but i think they turned out really nice and the customer was super happy with them. what do you guys think?

Photo0533.jpg

5 inch hole saw for the holes

Photo0539.jpg

Photo0538.jpg

we needed to use a 1 inch spacer foe the speakers to fit because they way the door was and the window motor was in the way.

Photo0534.jpg

the speakers are alpine type Rs but he didnt like the grills that came with them and hes got a 10 yr old and didnt want him poking at the speakers so i had these infinity grilles laying around that i used instead

Photo0535.jpg

we also did tweeters right above the 6 1/2s. didnt take pics of the 2 1/2in hole but im sure you all no what that would look like...

Photo0540.jpg

Photo0541.jpg

Photo0542.jpg

Photo0543.jpg

so leave some comments, good, bad, or BS. i dont care. let me know what you think

hey thanks a lot. it was only my second time ever actually cutting holes and adding speakers,its usually just replace them. but it was a good experience, i think in the summer i will get into some fiber glassing.

yea i no, i agree with that completely, i hate being able to see after market speakers haha, but its what the customer wanted, so i did it.

Nice job, do you do this for a livin? or like a side job?

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Hey as long as the customer is happy, thats what counts! :drinks: but I would have to agree that it does look just "placed" there. Im a big fan of flush mount speakers.

yea, this is just a side job that me and a friend run out of my garage. we do some really nice work for what we have and the experience we have. i personally dont really like how they look because they do look just placed there. but he wants to try to fiberglass them in so hopefully over the summer or when its warmer out i will have time to give it a shot. ive never done fiberglass before. but if anyone is in the chicago land area im in the west burbs and charge about half what anywhere else does. and you can see our facebook page with pictures of other cars we have done. our faxebook is Jam Customs. if you search that you will see a camaro with jam customs written in it and thats us. thanks for the comments guys i really appreciate it.

It doesn't look placed, it looks like it was just put there. And sadly, the recess doesn't give it good imaging and honestly just looks horrible there.

It may be true the customer was happy with the outcome, they may even have asked for that specifically, but what I keep in mind every time I do work I remember everyone who looks at that is going to associate my name with it.

Install is good but could use a bit more creativity? I could pm some ideas...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?