SMD Double Din Head Unit Review

I've messed with the pioneer 4200dvd and the 4300dvd and they are great units

Only diffrence between the two that I see is the 4300 has a remote

Both can be bypassed with a relay and I think someone told me with a promo code on online carstereo.com it's 370 shipped for the 4200Dvd

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Kimo, You already know what brand I would say :D

Seriously though, From everything I have seen at CES, the INA w910 is a very nice unit. My D-900 flips are from 2003 and have lived rough lives. I am confident that the new deck will give me just as long of life as the ones I have now. Features wise, I think the new ones are hands down better and easier then most of everything out there.

The Tr-7 is an easy addon to bypass the video lockout feature.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I was looking at the Pioneers and have seen Skittles Double Din and love how clean it looks. HOwever, the price point for his (the flaghsip "z" series) is up words of $1200. The New Alpine is around $1000.

I know there are models like the 4200 and 4300 that are in the $400 range.

My research has me also asking about expandability and connectivity.

Bluetooth

Ipod/Iphone

Navigation

Satellite Radio

The two mentioned above have all those intergrated as well I think every major manufacture has some kind of all-in-one unit now.

Bill I looked at the Alpine and looking at even the "IPOD" only double din. Believe it or not I also seen some positive stuff about the new Sony. Personally I am anti-Sony like I am anti-Ford but, like the Ford Trucks I can't talk down a good product. Look into the Sony if your in the market, the Sony rep from 2010 C.E.S. said Sony is trying to head back to the days of Sony "ES" and leave the "Xplod" image.

*I also pinned this thread*

when i got my z110 it was $750 refurbished. im sure you could still find new ones for close to that price now. I upgraded mine to the newer z120 software. get a z110 and I'll trade you mine.

the sony's have some "flashy" pop up menus that just take time. so you click one button, wait for the menu to scroll open, then click something. i found it annoying but i dont like sony either so i may have been harsh.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well I searched by price and features and weighed in what I wanted and what I needed. I wanted Bluetooth built in, Navi would be nice, Steering Wheel control, DVD but, IPOD connectivity was a must. Video screen really didn't matter although I preferred to go with a full screen (7") I'd opt for a smaller one based on features. Well it came down to the simple fact I did need any of it. So I went by budget instead. I set my budget at $500 and narrowed things down to two choices. Pioneer AVH-P3300BT or Sony XAV-70BT. Either one from the reviews look promising of being a good purchase with built-in blue tooth and the optinon to expand with Navigation in the future. These units were coming around $400 on www.sonicelectronix.com However, after adding on the necessary accesories to install it put the total amount well over $600. The harness was $85 The antenna adapater and install kit were free but, for the ipod cable was $35 but, in order to use my steering wheel control would of been another $45. So back to the drawwing board.

I would never suggest this but, I hit CL and Ebay. Hoping to find a diamond in the rough. So I was looking at a bunch of different units that fell in my total price range budget of $500 with the necessary accesories to hook it up but, were outdated by 3-6 years. Then, I got lucky and found a JVC KW-AVX730 for sale for $350 on CL locally. I made the guy an offer of $300 and he was more than willing to go for it. I had my serious suspicious seeing how the unit was going for 499.99 on www.sonicelectronix.com. I met up with the guy and turns out the unit was flawless with all the manuals, wire harness and box. He no longer had the vehicle it was in and just needed the money.

I stopped by a local car audio distributor and picked up all the parts I need to install it:

Wire Harness $85

Antenna Adapter $3

Install Kit $15

Ipod Adapter (+video) $20

Steering Wheel Adapter (Axxess) $45

Total + Tax $196.55

I am satisfied with the purchase but, most importantly the wife is happy. LOL

P.S. That Axxess part from Metra is a universal steering wheel adapter which is easy to install and easier to program via its self programming. If you are trying to retain your steering wheel control this is the part you want to use. The unit is also updatable via USB for future vehicles that may come out. Unlike the other manufactures with vehcile specific and head unit specific boxes this is truely and all in one box. AMAZING!!!!!

• 3 months later...

[...] JVC KW-AVX730 for sale for $350 on CL locally.[...]

I am satisfied with the purchase but, most importantly the wife is happy. LOL[...]

Still happy with the purchase? Any issues that leave you wanting to pull your hair out?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

That deck is so slow.

To bad i missed this.

I have a alpine 505 with thr navi and bluetooth for 425 im selling

O well

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Well I searched by price and features and weighed in what I wanted and what I needed. I wanted Bluetooth built in, Navi would be nice, Steering Wheel control, DVD but, IPOD connectivity was a must. Video screen really didn't matter although I preferred to go with a full screen (7") I'd opt for a smaller one based on features. Well it came down to the simple fact I did need any of it. So I went by budget instead. I set my budget at $500 and narrowed things down to two choices. Pioneer AVH-P3300BT or Sony XAV-70BT. Either one from the reviews look promising of being a good purchase with built-in blue tooth and the optinon to expand with Navigation in the future. These units were coming around $400 on www.sonicelectronix.com However, after adding on the necessary accesories to install it put the total amount well over $600. The harness was $85 The antenna adapater and install kit were free but, for the ipod cable was $35 but, in order to use my steering wheel control would of been another $45. So back to the drawwing board.

I would never suggest this but, I hit CL and Ebay. Hoping to find a diamond in the rough. So I was looking at a bunch of different units that fell in my total price range budget of $500 with the necessary accesories to hook it up but, were outdated by 3-6 years. Then, I got lucky and found a JVC KW-AVX730 for sale for $350 on CL locally. I made the guy an offer of $300 and he was more than willing to go for it. I had my serious suspicious seeing how the unit was going for 499.99 on www.sonicelectronix.com. I met up with the guy and turns out the unit was flawless with all the manuals, wire harness and box. He no longer had the vehicle it was in and just needed the money.

I stopped by a local car audio distributor and picked up all the parts I need to install it:

Wire Harness $85

Antenna Adapter $3

Install Kit $15

Ipod Adapter (+video) $20

Steering Wheel Adapter (Axxess) $45

Total + Tax $196.55

I am satisfied with the purchase but, most importantly the wife is happy. LOL

P.S. That Axxess part from Metra is a universal steering wheel adapter which is easy to install and easier to program via its self programming. If you are trying to retain your steering wheel control this is the part you want to use. The unit is also updatable via USB for future vehicles that may come out. Unlike the other manufactures with vehcile specific and head unit specific boxes this is truely and all in one box. AMAZING!!!!!

85 for the harness? Holy shit. After all the parts you could have bought it new from sonicelectronix and got all the install stuff free.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Pioneer app radio only downside I can find is there is only one set of RCA outputs and there is no actual disc (positive for me) but some people don't like that

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

App radio is a huge pile of shit

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived