Sonic Electronix

Underpowering...But Clipping?

if, over the course of 100 seconds (average power per second for the sake of argument, and we won't factor frequency)...the coil has a nominal power rating of 100 watts. over 99 of those seconds the coil sees 0 watts, but during 1 second the coil sees 10,000 watts. that's an average of 10 watts...but that 1 second transient is going to destroy the coil...

again...you ready to have your feelings hurt?

i have no idea what the fuck you just said...totally not trying to throw this thread off topic but how does the coil see 0 power for >99 seconds. i understand the part about the single burst of 10kw averaging out to 10 watts over 100 seconds though.

it the amp is off! the point was the dude said too much average power kills speakers not clipping...this was just to prove him wrong. Not that he is listening to anyone anyway.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

if, over the course of 100 seconds (average power per second for the sake of argument, and we won't factor frequency)...the coil has a nominal power rating of 100 watts. over 99 of those seconds the coil sees 0 watts, but during 1 second the coil sees 10,000 watts. that's an average of 10 watts...but that 1 second transient is going to destroy the coil...

again...you ready to have your feelings hurt?

i have no idea what the fuck you just said...totally not trying to throw this thread off topic but how does the coil see 0 power for >99 seconds. i understand the part about the single burst of 10kw averaging out to 10 watts over 100 seconds though.

no signal means no power...let's say there's a bridge in the sing that has NO music below 400Hz...just for the sake of argument.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

HOLY CRAP!! JAY KNOWS HIS SHIT!!!

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

if I weigh in on a subject it's because I actually know what the hell the answer is. If I don't i keep my mouth shut and hope to learn something...just like cheesedick should have done

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Well...After that amazing schooling...kudos to you Jay... :clapping:

I dont wanna screw up my setup because of powering the subwoofers wrong...im just trying to get the max power out of my amp. im pushing my subs a tad over half power until i get another aq1200d to strap to it.

::::::STREETZ::::::

NEW BUILD COMING S☺☺N!!!

Xbox 360 Gamertag: STREETZxDBs

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs - 06' Ford Fusion - Kentucky

Well...After that amazing schooling...kudos to you Jay... :clapping:

I dont wanna screw up my setup because of powering the subwoofers wrong...im just trying to get the max power out of my amp. im pushing my subs a tad over half power until i get another aq1200d to strap to it.

Let me know how that strapping goes. I've been thinking of doing the same.

Archived