pennzoil with a fram filter... cost 20 bucks... i wounldnt use synthetic yets its just a waste of money cuz you really dont need it... yet...

I disagree. Synthetic oil doesn't break down nearly as fast as conventional oil therefor you can go 10,000-12,000 miles between changes compared to 3,000-5,000 with conventional oil. Just make sure you have an extended life filter cause most cheaper filters only filter efficiently up too about 5,000 miles. After that they bypass most of the oil.

pennzoil with a fram filter... cost 20 bucks... i wounldnt use synthetic yets its just a waste of money cuz you really dont need it... yet...

I disagree. Synthetic oil doesn't break down nearly as fast as conventional oil therefor you can go 10,000-12,000 miles between changes compared to 3,000-5,000 with conventional oil. Just make sure you have an extended life filter cause most cheaper filters only filter efficiently up too about 5,000 miles. After that they bypass most of the oil.

not if your car burns oil. just got rid of my teg cause it burned synthetic faster than a fiend roasts a 7 gram rock LOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Yea if your car burns oil then it's better to just run conventional. Lol no point in runnin expensive oil just to burn it all away after a couple thousand miles! But the op said his car has 41,000 miles on it so it shouldn't be burning oil yet.

this is what im confused about im hearing all these different answers and just gets me more confused

:trippy: i honestly dont know what the numbers on them even mean this is my 1st car far away live far away from home, so advise is hard to come by

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

i know just saying. thats the only time synthetic isint good. it burns faster than regular oil.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

I've been running Amsoil (oil and filter) for a while now. Like many have said, it's like $20-$25 for an oil change.

Before I made the switch to synthetic I was running Valvoline MaxLife (vehicles have 150K+ and 130K+) with Purolator Pure One oil filters. Was costing me about $10-$15 a change.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

i use Valvoline full synthetic on my truck since the day i bought it, combined with either a purolator: PureOne filter, Bosch Distance Plus, Or K&n. that usually cost me 26.99 out the door at advance auto

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

this is what im confused about im hearing all these different answers and just gets me more confused

:trippy: i honestly dont know what the numbers on them even mean this is my 1st car far away live far away from home, so advise is hard to come by

Don't sweat it too much bro, it's not gonna be detrimental to your car if you pick one brand from another. The key is to just make sure you change regularly. If you going synthetic with an extended life filter figure on changing your oil about every 8-12 thousand miles. If you do synthetic with a REGULAR filter plan on changing your oil every 3-5 thousand miles. If you use conventional oil, change it every 3-5 thousand miles regardless of what filter you use. You'll be fine as long as you change your oil when your supposed to. But if you do use synthetic, don't go back to conventional.

i want to be clear its not the brand of oil you use or if its synthetic its the amount of time/ miles you change it in as long as you use an API APPROVED OIL. if your car manufacture recomends synt then use it im not saying that royal is better or not that ams these are all great products and im not offending or even doubting them but do you really need it ive been working in a shop that does oil changes from taxi cabs to mercedes and ive never heard of any problems by using brands such as peak,nappa,quakerstate,amoco/bp,proline,shell exc.basicly its an api and a quality filter no need for doubble duty filter my theory is if your car is tuned for 93 oct fuel will 100 oct be better no unless you have a drag car that can use the higher octane its like pissing in the ocean. dont ge me wrong oil is like anything else personal preference if you like royal great use it but like you see in this thread so many different responses beacuse every body has a favorite its hard to ask which one is better and your not going to get every body to agree on one brand oil and filter combo. its like asking blond or brunette?

last time i used shell rotella synthetic and i always use a OEM honda filter.

sometimes i use mobil 1 or castrol synthetic

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Archived