Sonic Electronix

What i Learned today from a "pro"

Although there is truth in this thread, I also detect some hypocrisy...

When did you know about brands like FI, AA, SA, DC, IA...let's just jump on these guys because they sell mainstream and don't know about these cool "underground" brands I just found out about on a website. Wait...do I even own any? Nope. I'm just making LOLz at the newbs.

Of course a shop is going to say what he carries is best, he has to make money. Do I agree? No, and yes there are better sales tactics out there. Just stop ragging on the shops if we have yet to see something productive come from your garage.

Not hating, just saying.

well if you dont know about the "underground" brand then you should shut your mouth about it. I got no prob with a salesman saying what he carries is top of the line or the best, but to lie and say another brand is junk when you dont know shit about it is bullshit.

I dont know who you are talking to but if we want to rag on a bullshit shop (that deserves it), we will. :shrug:

I was talking to the OP, lol. And if I don't know about it? That was a sarcastic reply to OP who just found about these brands yet points the fingers at others that don't know. Even when he himself doesn't run any of the equipment, and therefore no actual experience.

You miss the point, the point was never this shop is right. The point is people get so caught up all shops get lumped together because everyone goes on an antishop spree because they said they've never heard of the brands many on the site run, myself included. This is why I don't carry any brands, its easier for me to provide an opinion free from requirements of selling brands I carry.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Although there is truth in this thread, I also detect some hypocrisy...

When did you know about brands like FI, AA, SA, DC, IA...let's just jump on these guys because they sell mainstream and don't know about these cool "underground" brands I just found out about on a website. Wait...do I even own any? Nope. I'm just making LOLz at the newbs.

Of course a shop is going to say what he carries is best, he has to make money. Do I agree? No, and yes there are better sales tactics out there. Just stop ragging on the shops if we have yet to see something productive come from your garage.

Not hating, just saying.

well if you dont know about the "underground" brand then you should shut your mouth about it. I got no prob with a salesman saying what he carries is top of the line or the best, but to lie and say another brand is junk when you dont know shit about it is bullshit.

I dont know who you are talking to but if we want to rag on a bullshit shop (that deserves it), we will. :shrug:

I was talking to the OP, lol. And if I don't know about it? That was a sarcastic reply to OP who just found about these brands yet points the fingers at others that don't know. Even when he himself doesn't run any of the equipment, and therefore no actual experience.

You miss the point, the point was never this shop is right. The point is people get so caught up all shops get lumped together because everyone goes on an antishop spree because they said they've never heard of the brands many on the site run, myself included. This is why I don't carry any brands, its easier for me to provide an opinion free from requirements of selling brands I carry.

i wasnt talking about if "YOU" know about it...i am talking about shop owners who say "DD is garbage" just because they dont know about it. Not talking to you specificly.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Oh, my mistake. And this is where the truth part comes. I DO NOT agree with negatively talking about other brands and equipment to make a sale, these tactics are bad overall and fictitious.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

every shop is the same they are paid to rep the products they sell thats it they tell you everything else is junk my local shop has jl and alpine shoved up their ass

Mostly true, but not every shop. I work just outside of Houston, Texas. I have NEVER talked trash like that. The crew atthis location has tried very hard to remain honest with our customers. We do our best to educate our customers on the lines we do sell. we also shhotthem straight on the lines we are familiar with. Shops like that are helping to ruin shops like ours.

2005 USACi National SQ Points Champion

2008 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2009 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2010 Top 12 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

2012 Top 100 Installer, Mobile Electronics magazine

let me guess he dont carry fosgate

he's just trying to sell you on what he has in stock end of story of course what he has is the best and everything eles is junk or he wouldnt make any money people forget there sellsmen and people in sales lie there ass off to get said sale

so you must buy what hes got cause its the best

part of being a good salesman is to read your customer. when i sold to a guy that clearly knew more than i did i didnt bullshit him. it only makes you look stupid. you need to find the customers needs and meet them. not make up bullshit in an attempt to change what the customer thinks he needs.

Agree, making the customer happy should always be your highest priority.

every shop is the same they are paid to rep the products they sell thats it they tell you everything else is junk my local shop has jl and alpine shoved up their ass

Mostly true, but not every shop. I work just outside of Houston, Texas. I have NEVER talked trash like that. The crew atthis location has tried very hard to remain honest with our customers. We do our best to educate our customers on the lines we do sell. we also shhotthem straight on the lines we are familiar with. Shops like that are helping to ruin shops like ours.

^ this is very true

the shop Robs talking about is my local Mobile one and everyone that works there is always straight with their customers

as long as the same people are working there this is the only shop id take either of my trucks too

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I know I've been to multiple shops that shit on people's gear. My buddy has some SX 12"s in his car and we stopped by another shop just to see what they had. Dude was like "fuck RE, we got DD". I agree that DD is better, but the SXs absolutely pounded. He never heard them either. Just shooting off about what he sold. I've seen other shops that talk smack about shops down the street too. They'll tell you **** shop will rip you off, **** shop will steal ya shit after you paid for it (there maybe some truth to that...long story). It's just horrible. I'm all for being competitive, but they are like arch-rivals down here.

A good friend once told me to never talk shit about other shops, you never know who you'll end up working for!

The effect to those customer service, is that we have forums like SMD.

Where products from brands with freak- power-ratings and -character can live up and prosper.

Where i can ask a community the how´s where´s and who´s of those brands, mainstreambrands, buck-bang brands,

and handcraftship. Spiced with a little bit of nuthuggin and eccentricity.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I'm fortunate enough to have a dealer who knows about underground brands, carries DD,RE, RF, and many other brands. He has always been straight with me, and answers any questions I have. In return, I bring him business, and I can tell he appreciates it. Not all shops are bad, but the bad far outnumber the good it seems.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Archived