DC Sound Lab

The real power handling of an XL

So a pair of xl's on say a pair of aq3500 or similar power will work if your smart with it. But will it be a real noticeable increase over two aq2200 or similar power?

Yessir

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

fully clean power and clamped power i'll fry that coil on 3500rms

Highly and I mean HIGHLY doubt it lol... anyways it'll take it but if its clamped power and they will see 3.5k rms daily I'd do the lvl5s

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

I don't see exactly how a XL(rated at 1500rms) will take 3500RMS(not rated amp wattage).

As far as I know the XL doesn't have any real cooling features. The 18 actually has less, because of no vents under the spider landing. It has a hollow pole, but this really isn't for "cooling".

Am I missing something here?

A 1500rms sub handling double and then some. And the reps openly saying you can. There are way to many idiots out there to think about giving them the idea, its ok to run double RMS than rated. Only to kill the sub within minutes because they don't fully understand what's happening.

They will come back and blame the company. I've seen it happen. If anything, you try to advise against running a whole lot over rated RMS.

Not the other way around.

Did you see the reps say "do it. You'll be fine"?

No, they said "if you know what you're doing. And you run 100% clean power. Then they will take it. But you can't blame the company if they blow". So pretty much your post is wortheless.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Did you see the reps say "do it. You'll be fine"?

No, they said "if you know what you're doing. And you run 100% clean power. Then they will take it. But you can't blame the company if they blow". So pretty much your post is wortheless.

Regardless, they should say, we don't suggest much more than rated.

And just because they "can't" does NOT mean they won't. Period.

Anybody in this industry who deals with the public should be able to relate to this. A good percent of the time a problem with the product occurs, they blame the company. And 99% of the time it is user error.

Subs are stupid so to speak. They only do as they are told. But noobs don't understand that. They read, what CJ posted as its ok to run 3500rms. That's all they read. They think they know what they are doing because they read up on the internet.

I've seen countless and countless threads of people jumping to the first conclusion its the companies fault for their product failing.

But sorry for trying to help prevent idiots from reading this topic. As the title will draw them in. And initially get the wrong idea. They will automatically decide the RMS rating means nothing.

I completely agree with you, don't take it wrong. But 98% of the people here actually know what they're are doing. These people aren't best buy customers. But you're right, I deal with alot of idiots that tell me that they blew their 600 watt subs with a Sony 1000 watt, so the Sony must put out like 2000. It's sad to hear stuff like that, but it happens. And when people like that blow stuff, they expect their subs/amps to be fully warrantied.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Well I wont advice anyone to do something beyond there experience level, BUT 3500 of clean power WONT burn up a coil on a XL. I have seen a few fail and it WASNT the coils. Evertime we have had on fail always has been a ripped spider or suspension component. So you just need to know the limits or your equipment.