Sonic Electronix

He is trying to steer you away from using a deadener that uses asphalt. I have messed around with eDead, P&S, FatMat, Hush Mat, RaamMat, Second Skin, Dynamat, Audio Wrap, Audio Technix (My company) and several others. All of the companies that use asphalt in there adhesives have a 1-2 mil thick so called aluminum. eDead's supposed aluminum looks like a silver laminated paper. Most of the people that say good things about the companies that have asphalt in there adhesive live up north. Since it doesn't get so hot up there you do not have problems with smell and it falling off. Deadeners that use asphalt usually will fall off before reaching 200 degrees. Unlike butyl based deadeners that use no added asphalt can with stand high temperatures for long periods of time.

It seems to me like Jon is just trying to steer people away from deadeners with asphalt in them, and push people towards using a deadener that uses a butyl adhesive with no added asphalt.

Thank you, that is exactly what I was putting down.

If I remember correctly, eDead's 'aluminum' is actually aluminized boPET, aka mylar. This type of product was/is used a lot for thermal and acoustic insulation in a lot of industries. It's much more flexible than true aluminum hints why a lot of people like eDead's product because of how well it forms in tight spaces.

And thanks for the vid Robert. A simple thump test like that never gets old.

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Would you guys recommend the " Edead 45 " for inexpensive sound deadener?

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

P&S worked for my buddy and reduced lots of rattles after adding it to his trunk hatch in his jeep grand cherokee.

Perceived SPL was increased.

So if P&S doesn't work for reducing rattle and resonance, then how come we noticed beneficial results?

P&S worked for my buddy and reduced lots of rattles after adding it to his trunk hatch in his jeep grand cherokee.

So if P&S doesn't work for reducing rattle and resonance, then how come we noticed beneficial results?

fuck man why dont you guys read the thread before you type something out, no one said it doesnt "actually" do the job. hell you can use 10 rolls of duct tape and ill stop rattle but that isnt the POINT the ANTI P&S people in here are tryin to tell you. frommy experience it gets super hot n cali every piece from my roof FELL straight down a little was still sticking but i took it all out, and yes i prepped my roof and everything.only place i feel comfortable putting it is on my floor where it belongs

yes for some people it works out but that doesnt mean itll work out for everyone.. it worked out for bill(kingsuv)

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

back in 1994 Dynamat was an asphalt based and then only the Dynamat Pro had the aluminum layer ..........I got some of the Audio Wrap and the stuff is the exact same as peal and seal

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

are you familiar with the term mass loading? Thats all peal and seal is doing.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

back in 1994 Dynamat was an asphalt based and then only the Dynamat Pro had the aluminum layer ..........I got some of the Audio Wrap and the stuff is the exact same as peal and seal

audiowrap has no asphalt so how is it the same?

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

are you familiar with the term mass loading? Thats all peal and seal is doing.

im pretty sure thats what mosts deadeners do.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

<br />
<br />back in 1994 Dynamat was an asphalt based and then only the Dynamat Pro had the aluminum layer ..........I got some of the Audio Wrap and the stuff is the exact same as peal and seal<br />
<br /><br />audiowrap has no asphalt so how is it the same?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

it looked similar and smelled similar...I may be wrong....also is nobody going to disagree with the Dynamat from back in the day ?

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

also, dont rag on PnS.... its pretty good for the cheap cheap. i stopped all of the rattles in my dash and overhead unit for $5, and before my jeep rattled to no end, $50 later and its a completely different vehicle, its worth the price, but its not the best by any means.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Archived