DC Sound Lab

invert or no a level 6 18

The A Team mentions front waves being louder than rear waves. Perfectly Insane mentions variables being different.

Assuming all variables are constant except for sub mounting, in which rear wave versus front wave would come into play, wouldn't the A Teams test indeed prove that in the case of normal mounting versus inversion mounting, that the former will be louder?

Just trying to clear up a thought :)

But a normal mounted sub being louder would have to be a fact if your going to claim it.

I used a good example before. Take 9 watts compared to 10 watts.

In perfect testing coniditions, 10 watts will be louder than 9.

But in our world, you claim it because of the uncontrollable variables.

That's my point. There isn't a definite answer in this situation, because of the variables.

Anybody that understands variables and testing should understand what I'm saying.

And I shouldn't have to prove anything because of this post. I'm not claiming nothing.

Owning the "one of the loudest vehicles" doesn't mean you know it all.

I gave reason behind my post, he didn't. So until he explains why he has his theory, there isn't nothing else to say.

Yea I'd like to see the reasoning behind his statement. I have inverted subs and never heard an audible difference from doing so.

Plus I can own a top fuel funny car, but not understand why it makes 8000 HP.

I like that analogy about the funny car. :good: Raises a great point... Whether i understand why it makes so much power i still have the common sense not to drive the car in reverse down the track the quickest! And I always put my parachute on the front or the rear of the vehicle? lol I forget.... But then again maybe i am not a total idiot either and understand the working of an internal combustion engine and i just have a real bad sense of direction? :lol:

:lol: Good point! And I hope you took no offense to my post, meant no disrespect at all :good:

I didn't understand the difference till you explained it a few posts ago. It was such an easy explanation I'm surprised more people don't realize the difference! Thanks for clearing it up without all the B.S....

No not at all, i just had to make a funny post to lighten the mood. :santa:

I hope you understand that i am a accomplished competitor who understands this stuff quite well and has mad skills building and designing both enclosures and woofers! I am a one man band, but i have been best of friends with Team Riprock for a very long time. I shouldnt have to tell anyone that these guys are probably the smartest SPL competitors in the world!!! Everything i know i have picked up from them.

Purfectinsanity = a broken record.... And you are already 1 post past your "last post." Quit now if you refuse to understand something so simple. Go back to reading instead of posting like you stated you enjoy doing.

But whe I read and see people come to the wrong conclusion because the whole situation wasn't fully explains it gets under my skin.

Things aren't simple as your making it.

Example. I have two 1500watt amps and a 1500watt sub. In theory, they should be equal in output.

But when I test in my car using a Termlab as a way of messurement, the first 1500watt amp is 1.2dB louder than the second 1500watt amp.

All I did was a simple swap, and came out with that answer.

Does that mean the first 1500d is the most powerful and best between the two definite?

No. Simply because of the uncounted for variables that could of effected the outcome of the test.

So thereforemy test is useless to everybody. As there is a slim chance the results might not be repeatable in my install, muchless in anybody elses.

Owning the "one of the loudest vehicles" doesn't mean you know it all.

I gave reason behind my post, he didn't. So until he explains why he has his theory, there isn't nothing else to say.

Yea I'd like to see the reasoning behind his statement. I have inverted subs and never heard an audible difference from doing so.

Plus I can own a top fuel funny car, but not understand why it makes 8000 HP.

I like that analogy about the funny car. :good: Raises a great point... Whether i understand why it makes so much power i still have the common sense not to drive the car in reverse down the track the quickest! And I always put my parachute on the front or the rear of the vehicle? lol I forget.... But then again maybe i am not a total idiot either and understand the working of an internal combustion engine and i just have a real bad sense of direction? :lol:

:lol: Good point! And I hope you took no offense to my post, meant no disrespect at all :good:

I didn't understand the difference till you explained it a few posts ago. It was such an easy explanation I'm surprised more people don't realize the difference! Thanks for clearing it up without all the B.S....

No not at all, i just had to make a funny post to lighten the mood. :santa:

I hope you understand that i am a accomplished competitor who understands this stuff quite well and has mad skills building and designing both enclosures and woofers! I am a one man band, but i have been best of friends with Team Riprock for a very long time. I shouldnt have to tell anyone that these guys are probably the smartest SPL competitors in the world!!! Everything i know i have picked up from them.

Well now I know who you are :good: I have only been around here for a bit so I am still learning who is who. I'd love to see some of your work if you have any links :drinks:

I also would like to make another point about background history.

Take Rusty at DC. As far as I know he doesn't have a acoustic engineering degree, or had tons of experience engineering before DC.

And Scott at Fi, who has 15 years plus engineer experience, and would be classified as a ascoutic engineer.

If your going only on worked background, Rusty isn't even nowhere near the same leaege as Scott going by that.

So does that mean you should even consider running DC cause he can't possibly know what he is doing compared to others.

My point, you don't need know all the history about the man behind the product/or post in this case, to make your own conclusion about the product.

And in no way am I downing Rusty, or DC. Just a example people, don't get upset.

OP,

Instead of reading through all of the BS we have turned this thread into, if you want to show off the Level 6 basket (i damn sure would!), go for it and invert it.

Can a Mod please close this thread or at least clean it up a bit to get back on topic.

ok this is about the best explination i can come up with and dont bash on spelling cause most of it is fuked anyways lol

to your question is a sub louder inverted or regular, or theres no difference (this post came from the theory that a sub moves up n down so why would it make a difference how its mounted)

why subs with magnet inside a box is louder is because most subs have more of a down stroke than an up stroke, my mtx 8000 15's are like this, i hooked em up and played it, held my hand above cone and it only hit it slightly, this is why subs with magnet in the box is louder, and this is why they make bumped back plates and what knot, i have no other nolage of why they do this other than from the subs i have

and to help that comment^^ hook a sub up to a 9v battery for a sec with pos to pos n neg to neg n see witch way it goes, imo i think sign waves start @ + first then goes to negative (i have no occiliscope to check this by but every thing ive seen with em does this for an alternating current output)

and with the difference between ported boxs like this just works off like sealed boxs, less displacement means bigger box and might be louder to ear due to the box not being suffice in the first place (this is why i inverted my 10's cause my box is to small and i aint had time to build one yet)

some questions i have in mind are, if u build a box to spec and reverse the polarity from pos to neg and neg to pos would it change this whole concept?

because if u have 2 subs with 1 inverted 1 regular if u wire the invereted one same its "out of phase" but if u change it to pos to neg and neg to pos its "in phase" so wont it be fireing up while the others fireing back?

ive never competed in anything car audio related so i have no idea whats louder but wont this play a part in it?

im in no way trying to sound like a "know it all" but from what ive learned so far this is all i can make from it

hope this helps :drinks:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I also would like to make another point about background history.

Take Rusty at DC. As far as I know he doesn't have a acoustic engineering degree, or had tons of experience engineering before DC.

And Scott at Fi, who has 15 years plus engineer experience, and would be classified as a ascoutic engineer.

If your going only on worked background, Rusty isn't even nowhere near the same leaege as Scott going by that.

So does that mean you should even consider running DC cause he can't possibly know what he is doing compared to others.

My point, you don't need know all the history about the man behind the product/or post in this case, to make your own conclusion about the product.

And in no way am I downing Rusty, or DC. Just a example people, don't get upset.

Not trying to take either side, but this example seems out of place. Even though Rusty has no background, he has proof that his design works, he has evidence to support his case. If you used someone with no background AND no product to show, then I can understand your argument. But as it stands, he has a product to show, and based on you using him as an example of yourself, than you should have a product or some recognizable proof that you are as knowledgeable as you say.

Again, not trying to insult or pick sides. If my post doesn't make sense, I apologize. It sounds decent in my head lol!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

OP,

Instead of reading through all of the BS we have turned this thread into, if you want to show off the Level 6 basket (i damn sure would!), go for it and invert it.

Can a Mod please close this thread or at least clean it up a bit to get back on topic.

i say 3/4'' plexi box /thread lol :yahoo:

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

But a normal mounted sub being louder would have to be a fact if your going to claim it.

I used a good example before. Take 9 watts compared to 10 watts.

In perfect testing coniditions, 10 watts will be louder than 9.

But in our world, you claim it because of the uncontrollable variables.

That's my point. There isn't a definite answer in this situation, because of the variables.

Anybody that understands variables and testing should understand what I'm saying.

And I shouldn't have to prove anything because of this post. I'm not claiming nothing.

but nobody here is trying to account for all the variables. the point is, all things being equal, regular mounting will be louder. there are always going to be some variables you can't account for, this is true for any testing ever done.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69