using diodes to step up voltage

well that sucks... <_<

so how exactly does the PCM determine what voltage to output..?

I'm guessing it is a preset number based on what the sense wire tells it.

My question is this, if there is no way to manipulate these kind of systems, how does an MLA work? Does it basically bypass the PCM?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

pm sent to ami customs and 97ssblazer

So, did you try it? If so, which one, brown or grey?

I'm guessing if you did, you're not liking the results?

i tired the brown wire but nothing happened so I took it off :(

Now reading what could of happened im happy I did :)

mycars.jpg

For all others who attempt to try this, yes, putting a diode or resistor on your sense line will raise voltage, but don't do it unless you ABSOLUTELY know what your doing.. On EVERY GM made from '86 up, the S wire is the sense wire if so equipped, some vehicles however dont run an external sensing regulator and only have the LF terminals (which is different than the 2 pin RVC altogether).. Don't ever start putting resistors/diodes on any L or F or P terminals.. On the L wire, you can overload the lamp driver and smoke the regulator, on the F wire, your going to raise/drop the field monitor voltage to the PCM and your vehicle will not like you, and unless you really want to start blowing diodes up, by all means don't put a diode on the P terminal unless you want to directly short your diodes out. P=phase, it's a hard wired pinout to the stator, and has a constant ~7.36v DC output..

So what do u advice us to do if we have a Gm ad244 alt with only 2 wires brown and gray. Can we add a wire to the S terminal of the alt ?

mycars.jpg

The diodes I ordered finally showed up and I installed them and gained 1.45 volts. My truck now charges at 15.45 volts when it's about 80 degrees with the radio, headlights, and ac off. Thanks to loudcivic for finding out which wire was the sense wire for me and also to the op.

can anyone help me on a 95 pontiac bonneville sse?

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

x2 i need this bad voltage drop and all is crazy low. i have a 2003 honda crv with 12k and need help, if anyone can help me on it pm me thanks

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

i just did it, i had to add a sense wire and i tapped into the 12v egr wire and added 2 3 amp diodes. im running at 15.6-8 around 1800 rpm

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

i just did it, i had to add a sense wire and i tapped into the 12v egr wire and added 2 3 amp diodes. im running at 15.6-8 around 1800 rpm

How and where did you add the sense wire?

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

How do I do this on my 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I read 14.4v Cold and 13.2v Cold I want 14.4v Warm :)

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200