Sonic Electronix

Okay... So I am going to be getting my first car (2001 Neaon) soon and I want a nice System that isn't to much money but still hits hard.. I am currently looking at these Kenwood KFC-W3013PS. I am planning on ordering 2 of them with this box Sound Ordnance™ Bass Bunker Sealed dual 12" subwoofer enclosure. Also this is the head unit I am planning on getting Kenwood KDC-348U.. I need help on deceiding on what amp to get preferably a Kenwood and I don't know what wire to use.. Also I let me know if I missed anything I need cause I thought you only need Subs, Box, amp, wiring.

Thanks,

Austin

Hey Austin, welcome to the site :D

I can tell you right now that Kenwood isn't known for their subwoofers, and buying prefab boxes is a no no. If you give us a budget to work with, we can find you something that will sound much better, and I'm sure someone here can give you a design to build your own box.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I can tell you right now that Kenwood isn't known for their subwoofers, and buying prefab boxes is a no no. If you give us a budget to work with, we can find you something that will sound much better, and I'm sure someone here can give you a design to build your own box.

X2

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Thanks for replying my budget is around 500-700 dollars. I not sure what's good or bad cause I was looking at reviews on the stuff and most of them were 4-5 stars so I thought is was decent stuff, but thanks for your help.

Austin

For 500-700 I'd say get an Audioque 1200D, a DC LVL4 either 12" or 15" then you'll still have money for a 4 gauge Knukonceptz wire kit and a sheet of 3/4 MDF to make a nice box.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Austin, I would suggest messaging Dwright27 about pricing for a DC Lv4. To run it, I would get a AQ1200 amplifier. I would use the KnuKonceptz 4gauge install kit. It will have everything you need except speaker wire, which you can also find on knukonceptz.com

You can find some 3/4" MDF at Lowes, and build your own custom ported box. I would suggest using Torres box calculator to figure out everything you should need to know about building the box.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask :D

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

im assume he meant neon

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

With that head unit, you can hold off on buying an amp for mids/highs since it's got a high pass filter built in. It won't get you far with only 22watts a channel (HUs are usually overrated anyway) but it's a start. What did you have in mind for mids and highs?

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.