DC Sound Lab

I had a rough weekend, anyway some how this weekend the basket broke on one of my 18s, not sure what happened or why it happened but I need a new basket and a new recone. My questions are.. Is there anyone in Minnesota that could help me with a recone? I've never done one and its got me a little scared. Also should I buy 2 recones? One for the good sub and just change both of them at the same time? After I bought them on the multi meter one sub read 1.5 and 1.4 the other sub read 1.8 on both coils. the one that broke was the brand new one ( 1.8 ) and the good one is a recone. I'm just trying to figure out what too do. I had them wired to supposedly .5 ohm cuz I thought they were dual 2 ohm woofers. I called dwright yesterday but havent got a response. Thanks alot

Edited by Dan2427

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

got any pics

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

I would suggest reconing both at the same time.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Just outta curiosity how'd you break the basket on it? I watched the fed ex guy literally throw a 15" lvl4 out of his truck onto the ground and it was fine, granted it was in the box too.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I can post pics after work. That's what I was wondering is how the basket. Honestly I was playing them hit a bump on my way home, which I hit every day.. and the subs got quiet and it sounded like I hit somethin. Then I could hear dowels rolling around so I started taking the subs out when I got home and that's what I found. I'm not sayin its DC's fault or Applejack's (who I bought them from) I just wanna know how much its gonna cost me to fix

Edited by Dan2427

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K

Maybe it was the force from the bumps you hit put stress on the basket with the heavy motor.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

It's not like a big bump. I mean you feel it but your not like it should wreck stuff. I had to hit it everyday in my prelude that was lowered 4+ inches with a system that was big for that car, never had problems. Plus it was only one sub that broke the other one is perfectly fine I checked out every centimeter of it, to make sure. Thanks for everyone's responses

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K

It's not like a big bump. I mean you feel it but your not like it should wreck stuff. I had to hit it everyday in my prelude that was lowered 4+ inches with a system that was big for that car, never had problems. Plus it was only one sub that broke the other one is perfectly fine I checked out every centimeter of it, to make sure. Thanks for everyone's responses

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

AQ20K

Every once in a while we will see a broken basket. Most of the time it happens in shipping though, It may have been slightly damaged in shipping and just took some time to finish itself off?

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.