2 part question:

1- Where can I get a high output alt for a 2002 Mazda Protege?

2- Would adding a high output alt help ease the strain on the engine over a stock alt powering the same system?

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

check out mechman ,or DC alts. they both are great products. and once you put a load on the alt it will start to make the engine work more to keep up RPM's. thats always going to happen.

Edited by ugpbmx

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

No it wont make anything easier on the engine it self. If anything more alt's is worse on the motor itself.. But there far to tuff to even care about that, you might loose mpg tho.

But yes it will take strain of the alt it self. And every electical thing in your car will love you.

In your box thread didn't you say your doing a single RF 12 on 150-200 RMS? If so you don't need a H/O alt

Just do the big three in 1/0

The single RF 12 is just temporary. In the future I want to go with two 15s. Plus, there is the mids and highs.

No it wont make anything easier on the engine it self. If anything more alt's is worse on the motor itself.. But there far to tuff to even care about that, you might loose mpg tho.

But yes it will take strain of the alt it self. And every electrical thing in your car will love you.

I'm not add in more alts just replacing the stock one. I fingered it can do better output a low RPMs so it would be less of a strain.

Youtube Channel

1- Where can I get a high output alt for a 2002 Mazda Protege? Hit up Mechman or DC Power. Mechman is an SMD Partner

2- Would adding a high output alt help ease the strain on the engine over a stock alt powering the same system? Yes. As the amperage of the alt decrease, the horsepower of the engine decreases. Its unfortunately an indirect relationship. Each horsepower will power around 23A iirc

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Please explain how adding alternators is hard on the engine. This I'd like to hear.

To answer your question you should be calculating current draw to see whether or not a high output alternator is a worthy investment. Running two 15"s doesn't mean anything, what will you be using to power them?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Please explain how adding alternators is hard on the engine. This I'd like to hear.

To answer your question you should be calculating current draw to see whether or not a high output alternator is a worthy investment. Running two 15"s doesn't mean anything, what will you be using to power them?

Adding an extra alt adds strain because the engine has more stuff to turn. Think of it as you pulling a car if you are pullinh two it harder then just pulling one. Hope that makes sense. lol. wrote this in a rush.

Youtube Channel

adding a H/O alt or multiple atls causes the enginee to work harder to keep up RPM's. when you put a load on the alts they put a load on the engine. there is a risistance gain when the alts have a load on them. this happened when I put a second alt on my truck.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg