the whole good customer thing is respectable guys, but it was totally user error. you shouldn't be responsible for someone tweaking equipment you install and set up properly. I personally would explain this to him and then say his only option is to pay for replacements. Its a you break it you buy it type of thing.

are you a shop or are you installing out of your garage?

Installing outta my garage

and for xStateofMindZx the system has been in his car for a year and a half now and there have been absolutely no problems whatsoever...it was another friend of his that "knows how to make it louder" and flipped the switch to +2db, and cranked his gain on his sub amp. Luckily I fixed that yesterday when he stopped by for his tweeters not working.

Haha he got his money worth! Tell him he is SOL aka shit out of luck. His friend should fix his problem, I would try to sell him an upgrade to make his system sound louder the right way!

Then you can fix his blown shitz and make some money too. Offer him an insurance plan. If he doesn't want to spend some money, he is no longer a good customer! RIGHT?

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

he's on his own, if it was something that was recent then go ahead and take care of him as long as he wasnt a dick about it, but since its been over a yr like xStatezOfMindZx said hes "SOL"

When doing installs for friends, I make sure everything is set properly and working before I hand them the keys. I explain to them not to change anything, and that any damage after it leaves me is user error, and I won't be responsible.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

thats definitely a user error. if the guy wasnt a dick about the whole thing and came to you saying that his friend did this depending on how expensive the equip is you could maybe do a small discount.

but overall. its still his fault. i guess the way he handles the replacement of the speaker its up to you if you want to cut him a break. but i would also explain to him why you cant just crank the gain or set the xover to +2 so that he can smack his friend for being a dumbass and prevent future issues like this from happening

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

I warranty MY work...once he had someone else work on the system (himself included) that voids the warranty for that part...tough shit for him

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it