Alright way to sound deaden doors?

still not truly damplifying, only adding mass which does not have the equal performance.

Peel n seal actually deadened for me while changing the resonance freq. It doesnt stink and it hasnt came off my doors and still stickn just as good as when it was put on

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

adding mass will lower thhe resonant frequency of the panel.. thats what all the membrane mats do, add mass. so in effect its quite similiar no?

my post was in response to the peel & seal. my mistake for the confusion. when you are massloading you are in fact not doing anything to control the vibrations.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

still not truly damplifying, only adding mass which does not have the equal performance.

Peel n seal actually deadened for me while changing the resonance freq. It doesnt stink and it hasnt came off my doors and still stickn just as good as when it was put on

i think you might want to actually read up on the definitions of the words being used. also, im not going to continue this debate. i could go into detail but this was not intended to be a PEEL and SEAL thread.

OP, theres some good information in this thread but you will have to swim through a lot of bullshit. My link

adding mass will lower thhe resonant frequency of the panel.. thats what all the membrane mats do, add mass. so in effect its quite similiar no?

NO that's not what deadeners do.

Peel and seal didn't deaden, it just added weight,You could use ducktape and get the same or better results.(and it won't smell nor fall down)

A true deadener not only adds weight to the panel but also rigidity, and if the panel starts vibriting it converts the vibrations into heat so there is less vibration.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

get audio technix stuff is great no smell and just as good as dynamat or second skin

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

i think you might want to actually read up on the definitions of the words being used. also, im not going to continue this debate. i could go into detail but this was not intended to be a PEEL and SEAL thread.

OP, theres some good information in this thread but you will have to swim through a lot

of bullshit. My link

Your a funny guy

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

a funny guy is mine? why thank you, i appreciate. by the way, YOU'RE giving out incorrect information. im not attackng before the girls bunch together again, just stating. maybe you could read through the link as well and get some insightful information.

a funny guy is mine? why thank you, i appreciate. by the way, YOU'RE giving out incorrect information. im not attackng before the girls bunch together again, just stating. maybe you could read through the link as well and get some insightful information.

Haha. Well all i was tryn to do was help this dude out. It did what i wanted it to do which is help with flex, and sound deaden. It might not work as well as other things out there but it most deff made my ride alottt quieter. OP i apologize to you if i misled you maybe what worked for me wont work for everyone

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

there is another factor to it but yes, you are correct.

as for the wood idea. remember water get into your doors. water + wood = rot and mold.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

If you're going to shove wood into your doors it needs to be weatherproof (unless you live somewhere where you don't get any rain or snow).

So I mean you could shove some engineered wood product in there as bracing, like Trex, but that stuff is expensive and completely defeats the purpose of what you're trying to do.

And I will reiterate what TeamHT said, go read the Peel & Seal thread. Tons of good info in there.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png