15" Sundown Audio sa15d2 TESTED!!!

Well... The sub didn't make it :( it launched the coil out the front of the dustcap and all. Completely seperated from the cone. Was not a good day for that beautiful reconed sa15". I got it on vid and will post it up later to be fair in testing but was not good. Score wasn't there either. It was a way lower score than with the standard coil.

oh thats gonna be something to see lol.

As farces the 8" challenge... The dd stil tops with a 147.3db sundown 146.6 and the dc did a 146.1 all in an spl box. In music box the dd did a 144.9 the sundown 143.1 the dc did a 141.5

wait is this where the fanboys would go like this:

DD FTW :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Just curious.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Would be great to use a Cadence CVL 8" in that test, too bad i´m too far away to send you one :(

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Well... The sub didn't make it :( it launched the coil out the front of the dustcap and all. Completely seperated from the cone. Was not a good day for that beautiful reconed sa15". I got it on vid and will post it up later to be fair in testing but was not good. Score wasn't there either. It was a way lower score than with the standard coil.

We'll have to flog Taco until he makes a stronger re-cone *laughs*

In case you did the burp at the exact same volume level -- for reference I was 5 clicks on sub control down on the SPL coil to equal the stock coil score / level of excursion. I was 4 clicks down to be 0.4 up -- the SPL coil is a lower DCR and also seems to get moving with less juice :drink40:

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

to be perfectly honest after seeing and holding a 1508 and a sa-8 I expected the sa-8 to be louder. those are some chunky little kids.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Guest grim83

awaits the dc fan boyz

:popcorn:

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

to be perfectly honest after seeing and holding a 1508 and a sa-8 I expected the sa-8 to be louder. those are some chunky little kids.

agreed nate the sa-8 is a fat lil fucker but she does sound awesome

so if you're burping this sub at 6000+ rms, I can run 1000 clean rms to each one of my SA-12's without a problem in it's proper enclosure daily right?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

wheres the vid? i wanna see

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

so if you're burping this sub at 6000+ rms, I can run 1000 clean rms to each one of my SA-12's without a problem in it's proper enclosure daily right?

Easily assuming clean power like you said. I had my pair of sa15s on a 3k and they loved every minute of it and probably even wanted more 8)

Archived