Sonic Electronix

Does This Battery Diagram Look Alright?

Going To Start Building Soon.

If anythings wrong please tell me, thanks!

hamkj022-1.jpg

Car: 2002 Buick Regal

Wiring: Knu Kolossus 1/0 + JL 4 Gauge

Big 3: Stinger HPM 1/0

Alternator: Stock 135 Amp

Batterys: Optima RedTop (Hood) XS D3100 (Trunk)

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Subs: (2) AQ HDC3 12's

Sub Amp: AQ 2200D

Sub Box: 4.6 Cubes @ 36hz

Mids & Highs: (Front) Rockford Fosgate Power T1693 3-Way 6x9's

Mids & Highs: (Rear ) Rockford Fosgate Power T152S 2-Way Component 5.25"

Speaker Amp: AQ4x90

Sound Dampener : 75 Ft Fatmat

The diagram looks good to me but you do not need to have dual fuses on the positive lead going from your xs batt in the rear (i think its in the rear for how the drawing is made) to your aq2200. You only need a fuse just before the wire goes into the amp itself. You DO need to use a fuse on both sides of the power wire going from the front to rear batt or else it will keep arcing if it shorts out and you can kiss your car goodbye.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

The diagram looks good to me but you do not need to have dual fuses on the positive lead going from your xs batt in the rear (i think its in the rear for how the drawing is made) to your aq2200. You only need a fuse just before the wire goes into the amp itself. You DO need to use a fuse on both sides of the power wire going from the front to rear batt or else it will keep arcing if it shorts out and you can kiss your car goodbye.

Do you need to fuse it before the amp or right after the battery?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

for amps you ALWAYS fuse them right before the positive wire goes into the amp. Usually a good rule of thumb is a foot to 3 feet from the amps positive wire you should have it fused. Now the fuse rating depends on the size wire you are using. Fuses are meant to protect the wire more than your equipment. So if its 1/0 gauge wire you are running, it should be something like a 250 amp fuse for a 20-25 foot run.

The one going between your two batteries NEEDS to be fused on both ends. So you will run a fuse 1-3 feet from the battery in the front and another fuse 1-3 feet from the rear battery.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

for amps you ALWAYS fuse them right before the positive wire goes into the amp. Usually a good rule of thumb is a foot to 3 feet from the amps positive wire you should have it fused. Now the fuse rating depends on the size wire you are using. Fuses are meant to protect the wire more than your equipment. So if its 1/0 gauge wire you are running, it should be something like a 250 amp fuse for a 20-25 foot run.

The one going between your two batteries NEEDS to be fused on both ends. So you will run a fuse 1-3 feet from the battery in the front and another fuse 1-3 feet from the rear battery.

I am confused why you wouldn't fuse the wire going to the amp near the battery.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Oh crap good call. lmao see what working all day can do to you?

OP, you should take the fuse for both your amps and put them as close to the amp as possible. So for both your amps, just use one fuse and put it as close to the amp as you possibly can (1-3 feet is the usual distance rule)

Oh crap good call. lmao see what working all day can do to you?

OP, you should take the fuse for both your amps and put them as close to the amp as possible. So for both your amps, just use one fuse and put it as close to the amp as you possibly can (1-3 feet is the usual distance rule)

I thought from battery to amp you put the fuse closer to the battery! Thats how i did it for all my installs so am i wrong? I have one battery in my car and im running 1/0 gauge to the back and the fuse is within 3f of the battery and theres not fuse near the amp. Should I switch it around? Or should I add another fuse near the amp and leave the one near the battery to be safe?