Foreverbumpn and Resko1 rebuilt woofers reviewed, blown, and tore apart!

I almost traded two nightshades for a tc 5400 4hp from resko. Ida been post if I would have givin up my subs and got this quality in return GREAT INFO HERE

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

Just a small update, this is from my facebook.

A few things I found funny from Resko1 aka Tavis.

Saying 3 out of 6 bolts is fine to hold the motor to the basket.

He used loctite on the threads instead of putting glue on top of the bolts like every major company does because it looks cleaner.

And the Sundown SAZ-4500 is a 6000wrms amp.

:drinks:

You may have to enlarge to view the text. sorry

facebook.jpg

Man...I learn something new everyday. Maybe I should go remove some screws from my subs.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Man...I learn something new everyday. Maybe I should go remove some screws from my subs.

They maybe louder!

But for real! I was glad to see Foreverbumpn use all 6 screws, even tho the sundown Z v1 motor is way lighter then the MA Audio HK motor.

Small update!

Ken aka Foreverbumpn is saying these woofers are at least 2 years old because he does not use these spiders. Even tho the Original owner that never put power to them just put them up for sale on 4-9-2011, and they didnt sell until 4-25-2011

From youtube

I guess I'am a hater for sticking up for my builds, but That doesn't happen, and if it does happen, I warranty my work, and my customers know this. Also the spiders I use are very different and been using the same ones for 2 years. So, I'am assuming those 18s are older 2yrs atleast

forevrbumpn 1 hour ago

Now Im wondering if this is true, why did the original owner "Basshead08" wait over 2 years before he decided to sell them, or even use them??

Again, here is the forsale thread. http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/18-subwoofers/80835-%5Bsold%5D-custom-18s.html

Someone is being slightly dishonest IMO!

Thought this wasn't a bash thread?

I dont know how old they are in all honesty. Bottom line, read my post, in my thread, my defense

I haven't had those motors in a long time, my old job sold out a long time ago. The coils slinkying up falling apart is not from me or Resko, hell, they are from the same coil company Fi and Sundown gets there coils from.

The 18s I used were low end low Fs subwoofers, NOT SPL woofers

Looking like these woofers went through 3 customers before you got them too ?

I already posted in my thread about how I accidentally missed a bottom glue bead on those. I wasnt thinking, opps...

That was only a month ago?? Iam not being dishonest hell, I build speakers every day, its hard to pin point single speaker sale

I just cant remember selling those recently. I will say within 1 year since I got those shocker stickers about a year ago

Anyways... nice thread

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

okay so you say that the ma motors are 2000 rms so thats 4000 wrms

knowing full a head of time that the ma motors are weak and dont have the proper cooling you go and put over 6000 rms on them..

in my eyes you blem them from strictly operator error and also being the first time with any sorts of power on them you push 6000 through them..wow

and yes the bl are only 1000 wrms subs but those subs have been played im guessing for atleast a couple weeks or even months allowing spiders to loosen up and glue joints to be stretched out and bonded properly to the spiders and basket

in my eyes this is a bash thread..just my .02

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

Silverado Build Log

I have one of them MA Audio motors, and I had 6 KORE- older model MAs, and they DO NOT handle rated in real world. The 4 spoke MA Audio Kore subs were rated at 2500rms 5000peak, yet they sported a 4 layer copper clad coil, 2 spiders and only 1.6"ww coil. When I got those in for recones, I would have rated them at 1000rms easily, nothing over that

I never seen the factory coil on the TC Basket style MA, but I have one of the motors here, with the top plate removed, and there is more than an inch between ferrite and pole piece. You know why? Because they keep the same magnets, and use them on the 4" coil version for spacing to allow the coil to fit. All that weight is the top plate width and thickness

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived