Sonic Electronix

Hey guys i am confused about the power ratings of the sub and the amp. I have a sony xplod sub which says 1000 watts peak on the front but on the magnet it says 300 watts normal input. What does it all mean?? do i need a 1000 watt amp to run it or will 300 watts do. I'm really cofused help me out!!!

I wouldn't put any more than 300 on it. 1000 watts is just there to make a rather crap product look cool, I don't think it has much meaning other than that. Read lots and research on this forum, you will learn a lot.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

I wouldn't give it more than 200w myself :P Unless you want to see why they are called "Xplods" :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I've seen four ran on an RF T4000. But generally speaking, the 1,000 peak is just that...peak. its not rated to take that daily. I would say 500 watts would be perfectly fine for the Sony. What's the enclosure like?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

"1000 watt" Xplod subs are best matched with "1000 watt" Xplod amps :lol:

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

"1000 watt" Xplod subs are best matched with "1000 watt" Xplod amps :lol:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Lol guys thanks for the help. I have that sub currently hooked up with an Almani 600 watt amp. The enclosure is about 2.2 cubic feet and made of cardboard lol :P but still it bangs. Its actually an old amp and sub i took outta my other car and then i started doing experiments with it. But i'll be replacing it with a 15" hopefully very soon or i'll get dual 12 setup with some good amp cuz literally this Almani amp SUCKS. Thanks once again to you all for the help :D