DC Sound Lab

dc xl 15 problems... bass does not sound right

ricky check my box build thread too i need to build a new one asap i work at lowes so im gettin more mdf today

build that box i told you to build

im going to asap im getting mdf today i just need to know how the L should be in the port TIG said like 3 inches or some shit idk

ei8njt.jpg

4.53 cubes after all disp.

tuning-34hz

62.5 sq inches of port (13.8 per cube)

sub up port back (three common walls)

the port dosent bend (even though it says it does)

make the port wall 17.25" long, no turn

Edited by RickyFriery97

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

How did you tune the amplifier? is it clipping? Are you getting the full 2000RMS ot just cranking your gain up? 3.5cft sounds like its too small to me. Hes running 2000RMS its the BRz2000.1 but his electrical looks on the small side. Stock alternators DONT like over 2000RMS and could be casuign massive clipping.

What headunit? whats max volume? what preout voltage is it?

whats cliping? and i have a subaru legacy 2009 its got a 110 alternator and i have a diehard battery its pretty big im gettin a xs soon but i get like 12.77 volts i think but i havnt checked while there playing

ohlawddyyy

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

That box looks perfect go off that. As far as clipping it's when the voltage produced by the electrical is too low for the voltage produced by the amplifier and causes the amplifier to clip sine waves to compensate, which will cause kick offs, bottom outs and worst of all a blown coil. The BRZ does rated but ONLY at 14.4v so if you're only getting 12.7v thats FAR from enough you're probably getting more like 1500RMS. Also it doesnt matter how high your volume is or how high it goes some headunits go up to 63 like mine but you want to play around 3/4 volume.

It also helps to know what headunit you have to figure out the preouts, if you have 4v that amplifier is turned way too high if you have 2v then it could be something else. I think it's a lot of LITTLE things causing your problem. Your electrical isn't too bad but from the drop youve described thats really low.

Start off with a new box, turn your gains down and learn how to setup gains with a multimeter.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

whats cliping? and i have a subaru legacy 2009 its got a 110 alternator and i have a diehard battery its pretty big im gettin a xs soon but i get like 12.77 volts i think but i havnt checked while there playing

12.77 volts when its not playing? Christ...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

The XL 15s sweet spot is 3-3.5ft3 after displacements. From the sounds of things you are clipping your amp to hell and back. The gain and bass boost are not volume or power knobs. The gain is meant to match the RCA input voltage. Most amps work from .5-6v of input voltage. So basically what you want to do is unplug your rcas from your sub amp and play a 40hz tone with the HU volume at 3/4 and the bass knob turned all the way up. You then want to take a multi meter and set it to AC voltage and check one RCA for you voltage. Lets just say you are getting 2v from your headunit. You now want to match your gain as closely as possible to 2v. If you amp is capable of running up to 6v input then that would mean if you have 6v of input at the rcas, your gain would be all the way down. Try and use the hash marks around the gain knob to get a good idea what each one is worth and set the gain accordingly.

Also forgot to mention that if it sounds like complete crap at a higher volume you might want to pull the sub and check both coils to make sure they arent blown. If you were cliiping as bad as it sound you may have blown the sub.