Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

fixing others "work".

This a hundred times. Used to piss me off to no end when a friend would come over with an install, and whether I really felt like it or not at that moment I tore into it with them to fix the shit, cause I just can't have my boy driving around in a Car-B-Que waiting to happen, or about to burn down his newly installed equipment.

Getting jaded. You reach a point, some more quickly than others, where any system you put together isn't good enough. It's always more, more, more, louder, louder, more bass, more bass, more equipment, more money. Why can't any of us just be that guy that puts a system together and is happy cause it's good enough?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

That's why singer ftmfw

:good:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

To add to my previous post, friend came back over so I could finish fixing his radio ( guy he bought his jeep from put the radio in, not him) and I redid the power and ground. Guy that put the radio in used solid wire like in houses. Really wtf?

companies that do nothing for the industry.

local shops overcharging people out the ass and doing shoddy installs.

people that ask me how much I have in my install and see how well it was installed compared to theirs.

like the rest of you guys, fixing other peoples messes.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Having to wait on ppl to ship your shit.. paid last friday for my second set of Hertz and still havent recieved a tracking!! and thats keeping me from starting my doors because I need to make sure this guy is legit before I get to cutting my doors which FURTHER pushes back my build!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

I know people who have inadequate electrical and or gains set almost all the way up ( which ive set them with the dd1 was way lower) yet they can demo for hours straight without any equipment failure, but if I play a song too low or something that might be clipped I start running into problems.

2010 Kia Forte Koup (Slow Build)
2 Sundown SCV-3000D

2 DC XL M1 with PSI recones
Focal R-165s2 on Orion 4800-HP
Kenwood KDC-X798
Knukonceptz OFC 1/0
Audiotechnix,Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener

XS power D3400 up front 3 D3100s power in trunk
Stock 110 amp alt

2013 Scion TC

2 Dc lvl 3s with xl coils on Soundqubed 2200

Sundown components

AA 50.2 for components

Pioneer FH-X700BT

Knukonceptz OFC 1/0

Fatmat and Q-mat Deadener

XS Power D3100 up front D925 in back

Mechman 240 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/189911-2013-scion-tc-build/ <Scion TC Build
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174094-jskiles-forte-koup/ <Slow Kia Forte Build
http://www.stevemead...ockUserAgent__1 < Old build 2005 Equinox

I know people who have inadequate electrical and or gains set almost all the way up ( which ive set them with the dd1 was way lower) yet they can demo for hours straight without any equipment failure, but if I play a song too low or something that might be clipped I start running into problems.

Lol

That use to be me when I was a noob

Lol

That use to be me when I was a noob

that's half way me and bighossf150.

I drove around with my amp at 1/2 on on a stock on with no big 3, playing WAY the fuck below my tuning for a solid 2 months. No fucks given. Bighoss plays 20hz all the time with a single alt on 4 bc3500's, 11.0v demos lmfao. Love it though. Gotta balls the fuck up anymore, hell I have a Singer 220a now and I still demo in the low 12.0v range at idle bc I don't feel like revving my car up.

then you got guys like swordlordboy that monitor every little aspect of his system but randomly drops a woofer an hour into a show.(turkey drag)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived