Ric Thornton Posted May 27, 2011 Report Posted May 27, 2011 17 years in the industry... but three years prior so 20 total. Edit: I was doing this before the ORIGINAL round Kicker solobarics were even out. lol... come to think of it, they actually all said "kicker" in gold letters on them, no K logo. lol JL Audio was new on the scene, Orion and Rockford were all the rage. There were no such things as D class amplifiers, I remember the largest amp that came out about a year after I started all this was a Phoenix Gold "frankampenstien" and it was only 1000 watts but was the size of a DC 12k. lmao CD players came out about that same time as well... they were like 1200.00 for a basic Pioneer, Concord, Clarion or JVC, Alpine was about 1400.00. Everyone had a eq in the dash... and MTX Terminator speakers where good. lmao... wow I'm old... like Trippi.
LongHairDontCare Posted May 27, 2011 Report Posted May 27, 2011 only bout 6 months. im 16. ive learned an insane amount on this site and others. already installed about 5 setups, and built about 7 boxes. dont plan on stopping. what i really love about this stuff is showing people that you dont need 6 12's in the back of your crown vic to get loud. i love seeing peoples faces when they hear one 8" in the proper box lol. GeekSquad Lead Autotech MECP Advanced Certified Installer 2016 Ford Mustang S550Stock system for now..
E a r t h Posted May 28, 2011 Report Posted May 28, 2011 first install was in 86. helped my brother install a tape deck,small amp, and build a ported box for two 10" cerwin vegas in a nissan hardbody truck. guess its 25yrs
77-AUDIO Posted June 1, 2011 Report Posted June 1, 2011 been doing it on the side for about 15 years. And still learning. PPI dbl dinDC Level 31.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.DC audio 2.0kCT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear
devil4u2c Posted June 1, 2011 Report Posted June 1, 2011 I got into car audio when Kicker still had round Solo-Barics. My first system was a couple of Kicker Impulse 10's and a little flea market amp. When that got jacked I bought a couple of the solo 12's and a zr1000. I must say it was pretty loud in a ford Festiva. I guess it must have been 1998 or so when that happened so that would be like 13 years-ish.
Winn Posted June 1, 2011 Report Posted June 1, 2011 Lol to My dad told me that is what he had an equalizer not all this "Hightech shit" Been doing it for about 1 year now hopefully one day as much as everyone elses You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back. JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE
canderton01 Posted June 2, 2011 Report Posted June 2, 2011 I've been into audio gear in general since I was about 13-14. I'm 19 now. But that was home audio. I've been into car audio for about 2 years, and I did my first real build myself(check my sig) this past winter. 2002 Camry XLE 35% tints all around 17'' Enkei FD-05 rims Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz Pioneer DEH-P7200HD AudioQue AQ1200d 4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's mids/highs - OEM JBL system AudioTechnix Deadner Big 3 upgrade My YouTube
SR20DAZE Posted June 2, 2011 Report Posted June 2, 2011 Cant say exactly when i got into it cause ive always liked loud music. Actually building amd serious, about 2 years almost. Boyyy have i learned alot and uprgaded since then. In my opinion greatest/funest learning curve besides driving haha Hahah damn cody She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch. you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf box: 4 cubes at 38 hz amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life 140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q) Build Log http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/ Feedback http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/
zeppyrkr Posted June 2, 2011 Report Posted June 2, 2011 Did my first install about 6 years ago, had no idea what i was doing then, i've learned a lot thanks to the internet especially SMD!
^_^ Gem132 Posted June 2, 2011 Report Posted June 2, 2011 Been putting little systems in and out of my Mum & Sisters car for about 1-2 yrs, been looking around this site since 09 decided to join up last yr, atm i just come on here to learn as much as i possibly can, and research before i start getting into any of my own builds plan to be doing this for many many yrs like most people on here Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100 Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.