Thanks for posting those pics Kyle.

One thing I've learned from all of this... I need to start writing everything in script/cursive. My print penmanship SUCKS! lol

You're welcome! Shit my hand hand writing is way worse lol. Hopefully I finish up the videos today! I can post them here too if you want

What I hate about this website is that people come on here and disregard EVERYTHING that has been said in a thread and post sh*t. :D Sorry if I sound a bit harsh or offend you by saying that, but that's just what you did.

I'm seriously not going to get into this again because it's a waste of my time. People who swear by the effectiveness of P&S will continue to use it not matter what.

The facts (not opinions) have been posted time and time again as to why and how P&S does not work compared to a properly and specifically designed CLD.

I've bought it, used it, and I can give you my opinion... IT'S ABSOLUTE GARBAGE AND I WOULDN'T EVEN USE IT ON MY HOUSE.

And who said anything about blowing $300 on sound deadening. Hell if I had $50 worth of Second Skin, SDS, or hell even the industry standard Dynamat, that would be about 20 sq. ft., enough to treat four average sized car doors and I would be crazy happy vs. using P&S.

/end rant

peel and seal works

go spend 50 dollars at lowes on peel and seal and then go spend 50 bucks for some damplifier and see which one gets you the best value and stops the most rattles.

FULL BLOWN AUDIO INSTALL WHERE YOU CAN AFFORD TO SPEND 300+ ON DEADENING = DAMPLIFIER

COLLEGE KID THAT JUST WANTS SOME BASS WITHOUT THE RATTLE = PEEL AND SEAL

the thing i hate the most about this website is that people come on here and give their opinion based off of what others say.

GO BUY THE SHIT AND TRY IT YOURSELF, THEN GIVE YOUR OPINION

Because you have no bias at all right :popcorn:

You would probably be better off staying out of these threads as you cram SS down our throats non stop. Which is why I will run anything but SS products

P&S has NO smell, have used it many times and it is cost effective for those on a tight budget, although the price has gone up considerably in my area.

SDS and AT are the other products I've used with great success...

You would probably be better off staying out of these threads as you cram SS down our throats non stop. Which is why I will run anything but SS products

P&S has NO smell, have used it many times and it is cost effective for those on a tight budget, although the price has gone up considerably in my area.

If you think that my opinions and the facts that I have presented here in this thread are biased, have at it.

I've received a hell of lot of flack from P&S nut huggers and I have yet to back down from my position, even before I was with Second Skin. It's an inferior product that has been proven time and time again to be an extremely poor substitute for true sound deadener. If people want to use it, what can I do to stop them? It's their money, their vehicle, so have fun.

The P&S that I have used (made by MFM) smells like bitumen, just like the recent roll of FatMat I received.

The generic stuff or another brand similar to actual Peel & Seal™ brand might not, so I'll give you that, but once again I never mentioned the smell being a reason to avoid using P&S.

What I have an issue with is that you accuse me of cramming SS down your and other SMD member's throats. Not once in this thread have I said "Buy Second Skin because it's the best" or anything even remotely close to that. In fact I've stated there are seven or eight products I would suggest people use instead of P&S, including Don's SDS Tiles.

Being a supporting vendor we do have the right and privilege to promote our products on this forum. I try to use common courtesy and reserve most of this for the Second Skin sub-forum because that's just the right thing to do.

So if you have a problem with me or Second Skin advertising our products, please contact us and let us know how we can accommodate you.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

i have personally tried peal and seal.. not satisfied at all. its comming off under my rear deck and i cleaned my entire trunk. wiped off any particles that might be on there.. i also layed in my trunk with a roller and rolled this stuff on there as tightly and as hard i could. it helped VERY little with rattles. and im not that loud. 2 12in type Rs on a cresendo BC2000. and my car still rattles like a BI*ch. i have had it maybe 3 months and its comming off already.. i dont know about the floor of my trunk.. its probably okay for now but im definitely going with something else in the coming months. it was cheap and worth the effort to try i guess. but i dont recommend it to anyone.

2001 Monte carlo 2-Crescendo BC5500 Bass, Crescendo 1600.2 and crescendo 1100.4 mids and highs

clarion-702, 4 ZVX 15s walled, RF 360.3, knukonceptz, toolmaker, DC power 270xp and DC power 370xp alts, PWX mids, FT1 tweets,

If you think that my opinions and the facts that I have presented here in this thread are biased, have at it.

I've received a hell of lot of flack from P&S nut huggers and I have yet to back down from my position, even before I was with Second Skin. It's an inferior product that has been proven time and time again to be an extremely poor substitute for true sound deadener. If people want to use it, what can I do to stop them? It's their money, their vehicle, so have fun.

The P&S that I have used (made by MFM) smells like bitumen, just like the recent roll of FatMat I received.

The generic stuff or another brand similar to actual Peel & Seal™ brand might not, so I'll give you that, but once again I never mentioned the smell being a reason to avoid using P&S.

What I have an issue with is that you accuse me of cramming SS down your and other SMD member's throats. Not once in this thread have I said "Buy Second Skin because it's the best" or anything even remotely close to that. In fact I've stated there are seven or eight products I would suggest people use instead of P&S, including Don's SDS Tiles.

Being a supporting vendor we do have the right and privilege to promote our products on this forum. I try to use common courtesy and reserve most of this for the Second Skin sub-forum because that's just the right thing to do.

So if you have a problem with me or Second Skin advertising our products, please contact us and let us know how we can accommodate you.

You've made numerous posts in various threads touting the wonders of SS. If these were IN the SS forum then I wouldn't have a problem with it, but they're not.

I understand you're a vendor, but I don't see other vendors doing that. People who are interested in SS know where your forum is and they can come there for technical advice, ordering info, ect...

I'll "stick" with SDS, AT, and P&S :drink40:

What I hate about this website is that people come on here and disregard EVERYTHING that has been said in a thread and post sh*t. :D Sorry if I sound a bit harsh or offend you by saying that, but that's just what you did.

I'm seriously not going to get into this again because it's a waste of my time. People who swear by the effectiveness of P&S will continue to use it not matter what.

The facts (not opinions) have been posted time and time again as to why and how P&S does not work compared to a properly and specifically designed CLD.

I've bought it, used it, and I can give you my opinion... IT'S ABSOLUTE GARBAGE AND I WOULDN'T EVEN USE IT ON MY HOUSE.

And who said anything about blowing $300 on sound deadening. Hell if I had $50 worth of Second Skin, SDS, or hell even the industry standard Dynamat, that would be about 20 sq. ft., enough to treat four average sized car doors and I would be crazy happy vs. using P&S.

/end rant

peel and seal works

go spend 50 dollars at lowes on peel and seal and then go spend 50 bucks for some damplifier and see which one gets you the best value and stops the most rattles.

FULL BLOWN AUDIO INSTALL WHERE YOU CAN AFFORD TO SPEND 300+ ON DEADENING = DAMPLIFIER

COLLEGE KID THAT JUST WANTS SOME BASS WITHOUT THE RATTLE = PEEL AND SEAL

the thing i hate the most about this website is that people come on here and give their opinion based off of what others say.

GO BUY THE SHIT AND TRY IT YOURSELF, THEN GIVE YOUR OPINION

Having used two other deadners besides damp pro I can tell you 100 percent that damp pro is an awesome product and you can't even try to compare PS to it or the most equal product to damp pro which is stinger roadkill imo. Even dmat extreme which is an inferior product to both damp pro and roadkill, is far superior than PS. I've seen ps used numerous times. It falls off, does smell in the summer and leaves stains on everything. I'm not biased in my opinions either. It's real world testing. Yes Jon promotes his product, that's his job! I have seen him recommend products other than SS as well.

Jon isn't biased! He comes on her with facts and the science to back it up! Some people are just too ignorant to understand. And we can tell by the 70,000 P&S threads that that is never going to change...

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Guess what another thread closed.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived