Product: Peel & Seal

Manufacturer: MFM (Lowe's)

Date purchased: 5-27-11

After doing little research on the different types of sound deadening, I decided to purchase (try) peel & seal from lows. The only other product I have tried is R-blog from ebay. The difference between the two is like night and day to me. Peel & Seal does not stink like people may say, it has a light scent. After I installed the product in my trunk and my doors, closed the doors and let it sat on temperature of 90 deg for 4 hours, came back and there was no smell. I would buy this product over any cheap ebay products. R-blog does stink and it falls off after 90 deg temperatures. I recommend Peel and Seal if you lack cash like I was. I would rather buy second skin but for $43.34 I did my entire Nissan Sentra. ( some on doors and 2 layers on trunk)

Will post updates if I notice the product fails under summer temperatures (100-110 temp, Visalia Ca)

Edited 6/18/11

First of all I would like to thank Jon Brooks from second skin for the free samples. I been really busy and my daughter was born and had some breathing problems so i been away for that reason in the hospital. My opinion on Second Skin vs. Peel and Seal; I clearly understand why people refer to Second Skin. The product is very top notch and is very clear why. The foil is thick along with the butyl layer. It is very easy to work with and it does the job with minimal product application. I received 11 pcs 4" by 6" of the damp pro 80mil which i used in my other car for door speakers. I am running a RF 600.2 with 5 by 7 infinity speakers. Before i installed the product, Second Skin, i noticed little rattling and mirror shakiness. After i installed some, not all the pieces, i noticed no rattling, no mirror shaking and best of all the music sounded better to me for some reason, the bass was cleaner and more firm.

My final opinion on Second Skin vs Peel and Seal.... Well, self explanatory, I loved the samples. After trying some cheap methods that resulted in failure, I will never push to use anything else that will not work properly. Second Skin worked great, Peel and Seal is a roofing product that belongs in roofs not in vehicles. I used Peel and Seal because i felt the need to personally experience how it worked but if i compare it to Second Skin, i take Second Skin. The car where i installed Peel and Seal got sold, at least i don't have to worry about pulling that stuff out :)

My advice: stay with a good product or recognizable product that works because it is a lot of work to apply. Little more $ but is worth it. Just get it, installed it, and forget about it!

Product: Peel & Seal

Manufacturer: MFM (Lowe's)

Date purchased: 5-27-11

After doing little research on the different types of sound deadening, I decided to purchase (try) peel & seal from lows. The only other product I have tried is R-blog from ebay. The difference between the two is like night and day to me. Peel & Seal does not stink like people may say, it has a light scent. After I installed the product in my trunk and my doors, closed the doors and let it sat on temperature of 90 deg for 4 hours, came back and there was no smell. I would buy this product over any cheap ebay products. R-blog does stink and it falls off after 90 deg temperatures. I recommend Peel and Seal if you lack cash like I was. I would rather buy second skin but for $43.34 I did my entire Nissan Sentra. ( some on doors and 2 layers on trunk)

Will post updates if I notice the product fails under summer temperatures (100-110 temp, Visalia Ca)

Read N8balls Sig next time you see him. BTW by the time you pay for 4 layers to equal one layer of second skin

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

i guess this will be the peal and seal thread for this month. nothin against the OP or his review, but seriously it gets brought up once a month and it gets out of hand fast lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

im going to lowes today and im buying some of this shit just to show the side by side difference. then when im done im going to stick it to the roof of my house where it fucking belongs.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

im going to lowes today and im buying some of this shit just to show the side by side difference. then when im done im going to stick it to the roof of my house where it fucking belongs.

I love seeing n8 respond to the p&s threads. P&s will be better than nothing, sure, but it simply CANNOT compare to a real quality deadener.

http://#$%^!@#$%&^%%*(^&%C%^&*#.com/at/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Do yourself a favor and buy the real shit. Just because damp pro is too rich for your taste doesn't mean you can't still buy quality 'cheap' deadener.

Read N8balls Sig next time you see him. BTW by the time you pay for 4 layers to equal one layer of second skin

Bingo.

You can only provide people with as much information as you possibly can, it's up to them to use that information to make an informed decision and purchase.

There really isn't a need to tell the OP what he should have or could have done instead. He went the route that worked for him.

His money, his vehicle.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Of course it helped, 1000 layers of duct tape will help. The point isn't if it helps, it's if it should be used in your car.

he could afford it and it helped, so I'd say YES it can be used in a car.

I had nothing but peel & seal in my Altima and it worked fine. At the time it was $10 a roll, so much cheaper then anything on the market. Still on the car going on 4 years now and it's a black car.

Daily driver that was rattle free and burped a 59.5 legal....

Archived