Sonic Electronix

EVERYBODY please do this poll for my build

82 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done for the S-20s Ext cab windows?

• I keep the windows, and continue to rock the ext-ext cab
    • My other idea, I create a large scale ext cab window with the same contour as the factory one, but super wide
    • Select this if you have an idea, then post it

CameraZOOM-20110402140138.jpg

CameraZOOM-20110402140216.jpg

CameraZOOM-20110602125043.jpg

right on man! looks like alot of sheetmetal work. do you have any in progress pics? or better a build log of ur truck to check out?

One big window.

k thanks man make sure to vote!

I say keep them. It's obvious you want to keep both windows to add to the uniqueness of the project, and you even mention the only reason you want to change it up is for others. This is your truck, do what you want. We will just sit back and enjoy the build! :)

The reason I ask is because if that many people thought it would ruin the build, then it should be changed you kno? in the whole build of this truck iv gone against the norm and went out on a limb with lots of my crazy ideas, but this one has been eating away at me. I want it to turn out as sweet as possible. but so far alot of people think i should do one big window. at heart i kinda wanna keep the ext cab windows, but im not sure. i still wanna get as many ppl as possible to vote to see what the entire forum thinks. nobody wants to have one big stupid thing on there car :/

you could close them up on the inside and leave the glass on the outside and put like neons or leds or some cool design behind glass

Thats an interesting idea, but not really my style. thanks for posting and please vote!

i say keep the double window and try to make it flow together as much as possible.

thanks man, thats how i feel too but its just driving me crazy between the two ideas. please vote to help me out!

you should either use a back windows out of like a 2002 chevy 4door or the the ext cab windows

THAT is not a bad idea if I go that route... not bad at all.... :good:

Hmm I dont think you should shave the windows, it would kill the look it has, but for a mad idea, what about making one large window, like starting from where the windows sit, straight up and part of the roof, you would probably need a lot of bracing on the body to take the load off the roof and not even sure if it would work but figured id say it :drinks:

Like one large curved piece of glass running over the roof.

that would be cool, but expensive. not really my style but damn it would be sick if someone could pull it off and make it form to the body lines perfect

Make one big window. Then on the drivers door get a black decal made to make the whole side look like one window. ;)

thats interesting....lol

keep it up everybody more votes more votes! and I like hearing everybodys ideas!!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

i say leave the post behind the door and try and use the rear windows off of a 4 door silverado maybe if it sizes up. and or off of the 4 door s10. that would look coo i think. then again on the other hand all ther will be is a speaker box back there. idk if you have a rear seat i would do window. if no rear seat just a speaker box id just shave that bitch. my .02

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

CameraZOOM-20110402140138.jpg

CameraZOOM-20110402140216.jpg

CameraZOOM-20110602125043.jpg

right on man! looks like alot of sheetmetal work. do you have any in progress pics? or better a build log of ur truck to check out?

Actually I don't. The real reason is I do most of my work by myself, so stopping to take pics turns out to be quite an annoyance, lol. There is nothing truly different from when I took the photos and now. I am working on remodeling and relandscaping my house so the truck has been put on pause for now. I will be doing a buildlog though this time for the final rebuild of my silverado. Previously I had three 15" BTLs on three RF T4000s and the windows would keep flexing, make annoying sounds, and cracked on a couple occasions. Now I will be mounting my amps into the door panels so shaving off the rear window seemed logical at the time. Now that I have done it...I couldn't imagine it any other way. Not to mention I will upgrading to six 15"s and 22,000RMS, having glass back there just did not seem reasonable.

Also, I will be painting the truck two tone, black on the bottom with candy green on top so the extra metal just gives me more lyme time green to look at, lol. This is the color scheme, but I think the end result will just be that much sexier with that much more green. If you are doing a sick paintjob I think shaving off the window will be awesome :drinks:

251429_218531264843764_100000606764654_740567_4670619_n.jpg

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Went outside and took a recent pic so you can see the only thing that really has changed is more ribs along the back wall prepping for the new wall, and the seats :pardon:

IMAG0069.jpg

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived