Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

  

11 members have voted

  1. 1. Which would you rather have?

    • 2 beastly 12s sealed off
    • 1 more beastly 15 sealed off


Recommended Posts

Posted

So I just

Started my build and had decided to use 1 15 in the trunk firing forward and sealed off from the rear. My main reasoning was that you don't normally see 15s in the trunk, and I was going to use the that 15 and more for when I rebuild bigger. Now I'm considering 2 12s and just reconing them later to 15s, since 2 12s in theory should be louder, while also using less airspace. I'm kind of torn on the matter and was hoping for your guys help. Which has more of on awe factor to you?

Posted

Neither seem really awe inspiring to me, 4 8s or 10s would be more :o to me...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Posted

If anything, they would use more. 2 motors to account for displacement as opposed to 1, and they would both use 4cubes net after displacements :P

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Posted (edited)

The 12s I've looked at were rated at 1.5 cubes after displacement, the 15 about 3.5 after. So going by DCs for example, I'd save almost a quarter foot. :peepwall:

Edit: more like .3 cubes actually. Haha

Edited by tonedeaf
Posted

Neither seem really awe inspiring to me, 4 8s or 10s would be more :o to me...

I can understand, but id like to be able to use whatever subs I get for my wall/4th order build later on. Even if I have to redone the 12s, I could still pickup like 2 lvl 5 12s and redone, vs getting a bunch of smaller 8s and having to sell them first.

Posted

out of your choices i would go with 2 -12's but i would personally go with supercharged dc's idea of 4 or more 8's or 10's. you could always get 4 10's and then make your wall a ridiculous amount of 10's

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Posted

out of your choices i would go with 2 -12's but i would personally go with supercharged dc's idea of 4 or more 8's or 10's. you could always get 4 10's and then make your wall a ridiculous amount of 10's

But a bunch of 10s doesn't leave me as much money for a power increase down the road vs 4 15s. ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4593 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...