Hacking HU's?

I was thinking about how people jailbreak their iPhones or hack other stuff if its possible to do it with your head unit. I have a avh-p3200dvd and thought about different things you could add to it if it was hacked (different backgrounds, more eq settings, ect.) A google search only got me tutorials on parking break bypasses. I not too computer smart (I barely manage to find my way around the forum) so I don't know if this is even possible or if its been done before. Anyone know anything about doing this?

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

i think ive heard of people hacking the pioneer avic headunits but idk what kind of hacks they do. it would be pretty cool to be able to change stuff around and customize a headunit more

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

just get a mini-PC and a touchscreen 7" monitor. theres really no way to hack a head unit, and if something goes bad, there would be virtually no way to fix it. with a mini-pc, you're looking at roughly $600-$1000 and you can do whatever you want, not to mention all of the programs you could run (like graphic EQs, or even Audacity if you want to Screw-on-the-move) ;) once i get a decent ride it'll be what im doing.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

just get a mini-PC and a touchscreen 7" monitor. theres really no way to hack a head unit, and if something goes bad, there would be virtually no way to fix it. with a mini-pc, you're looking at roughly $600-$1000 and you can do whatever you want, not to mention all of the programs you could run (like graphic EQs, or even Audacity if you want to Screw-on-the-move) ;) once i get a decent ride it'll be what im doing.

I think ima do that sometime when I get a newer car.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I've "hacked" my AVIC, I changed the lockout speed to 256kmph cause the hardware bypass didn't work. On the AVIC F90BT there's actually a way to boot into a Windows CE environment and copy and modify settings files.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Theres an entire section of avic411.com dedicated to hacking them. So to put it simply yes you can hack certain head units.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Theres an entire section of avic411.com dedicated to hacking them. So to put it simply yes you can hack certain head units.

Alright thanks, looking into it now.

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived