Sonic Electronix

Subs over here cost a lot, even some cvr´s , i prefer to break in them, i just use a 25 hz tone at low volume for about 20 minutes and i´m good to go :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I like to play a 20hz tone loud enough to get the sub moving a bit, the go to sleep for the night. Wake up, it's all broken in.

I see it like this: Breaking a sub in may or may not have benefits, but it has no downside. I figure that I should play it safe.

With exception of very few subs out there (that you need to worry about spider damage) the point of breaking in a subwoofer has to do with getting optimum sound quality out of the sub when you install it.

A woofers sound will change some after break in but it will do it over a course of a few weeks of normal play too.

I have noticed Kicker subs change a lot after break in. Get lower and sound more robust after they loosen up.

^This, after about 2 months of my cvr's I started to notice that I could turn them up more on lower notes without bottoming out like they used to. Plus, they are getting louder I believe

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

I like to play a 20hz tone loud enough to get the sub moving a bit, the go to sleep for the night. Wake up, it's all broken in.

I see it like this: Breaking a sub in may or may not have benefits, but it has no downside. I figure that I should play it safe.

Thats what I think. Unless you do competitions I don't see a downside to a break in.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

With exception of very few subs out there (that you need to worry about spider damage) the point of breaking in a subwoofer has to do with getting optimum sound quality out of the sub when you install it.

A woofers sound will change some after break in but it will do it over a course of a few weeks of normal play too.

I have noticed Kicker subs change a lot after break in. Get lower and sound more robust after they loosen up.

thats what happened to my dreadnaut

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

thats what happened to my dreadnaut

I noticed as I was breaking in my Kicker Comps, they seemed to move more on the same amount of power, I can't comment on loudness though. I just did it free air.

ive never had a subwoofer related issue in the whole time ive been in the game and i just set it and forget it.

I do understand why some may need it but some of the breakin standards of some companies are bullshit....ie one that says allow 200+ hours of breakin time before playing them at moderate to high levels.

i dont buy stuff to play at baby volume for 200 hours .

agree 100%

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza

Never broken anything in, the day I get the subs is normally the hardest I'll play because im so excited lol..never had to recone a sub, and I always run over Rms, maybe I'm just lucky..

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress