Chicken or the egg which came first.

who knows, my whole point has been nobody actually knows. When some one from the dawn of creation comes and talks to me then I'll believe them.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

who knows, my whole point has been nobody actually knows. When some one from the dawn of creation comes and talks to me then I'll believe them.

True statement :clapping:

Id love it if time travel were possible and go back to the dawn of creation, and also go see a Brontosaurus cause they are my favorite, and go back and save my original Optimus Prime in the packaging cause they are worth a lot now.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

id just go back to fix things with a certain girl of my past. provin religion can take the back burner lol

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Ed, the bible doesn't say the earth is flat. In fact, it is referenced as round or circular many times. Maybe you should stop putting words in God's mouth.

First, I never said the bible said the Earth was flat. I said the guys who wrote it held that belief. Which is well documented that everyone in those days thought that.

I think ancient civilizations had more knowledge than you give them credit for. The Myans mapped our solar system... The Baghdad battery...The antikythera mechanism....The pyramids....What I'm saying is the dark ages set humanity back a lot so I don't think it is fair to say everyone thought the earth was flat.

Ed, the bible doesn't say the earth is flat. In fact, it is referenced as round or circular many times. Maybe you should stop putting words in God's mouth.

First, I never said the bible said the Earth was flat. I said the guys who wrote it held that belief. Which is well documented that everyone in those days thought that.

I think ancient civilizations had more knowledge than you give them credit for. The Myans mapped our solar system... The Baghdad battery...The antikythera mechanism....The pyramids....What I'm saying is the dark ages set humanity back a lot so I don't think it is fair to say everyone thought the earth was flat.

And that brings us to a great point so thank you.

The point is...

What caused the dark ages?

Could it have been the rise of the Christians to power and the subsequent demonizing of scientific studies and intellect?

Ever hear about how a few hundred years AD that Iraq and the mid east was the world power for science and math?

Algebra started there, most of the stars in our sky have Arabic names.

But

It all fell because Religious leaders there started to preach that math was the devil's work.

Now look where the mid east is.

This is what the frame of mind of denying scientific truths in favor of your traditional religious notions can do. It is an extreme case, but if left unchecked and scientific literacy not taught, the USA can fall into a similar fate.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist

Religion did not cause the Dark Ages.

It was the Germanic invasions and the fall of the Roman Empire.

Without the empire to navigate the people, it was pure anarchy.

If anything, Christianity assisted in the salvation of what literacy remained. This would be when monasteries were beginning to arise.

And, the monks purposes were to preserve as much written language as was accessible.

Math was never the "Devil's work", and if a religious leader had made this claim (I have not heard it). It would been for personal power gain.

The Crusades for example were "religious battles", but can you really say they were? Yeah, there was some Islam vs Christiantiy issues involved, but the underlying factor was greed. They were simply ways for European kings to try to gain wealth in the Middle East.

Even if Christianity were a cause, it wasn't strong enough of a religion in the era to cause a decline across such a large portion of the civilized world.

Now, I can agree that early Catholicism did not help with bringing the world out of its "slump" with its mass prosecution and refusal to write the Bible in local language. But, in the end, Christianity was a primary factor which brought about the Reaissance.

"Renaissance humanists did not reject Christianity; quite the contrary, many of the Renaissance's greatest works were devoted to it, and the Church patronized many works of Renaissance art. However, a subtle shift took place in the way that intellectuals approached religion that was reflected in many other areas of cultural life. In addition, many Greek Christian works, including the Greek New Testament, were brought back from Byzantium to Western Europe and engaged Western scholars for the first time since late antiquity. This new engagement with Greek Christian works, and particularly the return to the original Greek of the New Testament promoted by humanists Lorenzo Valla and Erasmus, would help pave the way for the Protestant Reformation."

A large portion of scientist were Christians as well... da Vinci, Galilei, Newton, Copernicus

"In 1623, Galileo published The Assayer – Il Saggiatore, which attacked theories based on Aristotle's authority and promoted experimentation and the mathematical formulation of scientific ideas. The book was highly successful and even found support among the higher echelons of the Christian church."

"Newton was also highly religious. He was an unorthodox Christian, and wrote more on Biblical hermeneutics and occult studies than on science and mathematics, the subjects he is mainly associated with. Newton secretly rejected Trinitarianism, fearing to be accused of refusing holy orders"

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

I'm a christian and b/c i am i believe in God created the heavens and the earth. Now i'm just a regular average joe who chooses to follow God and be a southern baptist b/c my church and daily quiet times in prayer and scripture reading has helped me turn my life around from a depressed and almost suicidal person into a better employee, friend, big brother, and son. As far as evolution vs creation, i choose not to argue. When i die, i'll know if what i believe was right or not. When i die, i'll either stand before the pearly gates to face judgement or nothing will happen and i'll become fertilizer. Chritianity helped me put guidlines in my life to improve my way of living and viewing the world. I do not posess nor claim to posess enough knowledge to argue creationism vs evolution, all i know is that i'm happy being a christian and a believer in God.

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

And that brings us to a great point so thank you.

The point is...

What caused the dark ages?

Could it have been the rise of the Christians to power and the subsequent demonizing of scientific studies and intellect?

Ever hear about how a few hundred years AD that Iraq and the mid east was the world power for science and math?

Algebra started there, most of the stars in our sky have Arabic names.

But

It all fell because Religious leaders there started to preach that math was the devil's work.

Now look where the mid east is.

This is what the frame of mind of denying scientific truths in favor of your traditional religious notions can do. It is an extreme case, but if left unchecked and scientific literacy not taught, the USA can fall into a similar fate.

it was the Greeks/Egyptian/Chinese who came up with Maths we would use today

6F12AARZFX.jpg

I'm a christian and b/c i am i believe in God created the heavens and the earth. Now i'm just a regular average joe who chooses to follow God and be a southern baptist b/c my church and daily quiet times in prayer and scripture reading has helped me turn my life around from a depressed and almost suicidal person into a better employee, friend, big brother, and son. As far as evolution vs creation, i choose not to argue. When i die, i'll know if what i believe was right or not. When i die, i'll either stand before the pearly gates to face judgement or nothing will happen and i'll become fertilizer. Chritianity helped me put guidlines in my life to improve my way of living and viewing the world. I do not posess nor claim to posess enough knowledge to argue creationism vs evolution, all i know is that i'm happy being a christian and a believer in God.

I like this a lot. Shows the benefit here and I applaud you for improving your life.

I know different things can improve different peoples lives in many ways. And yours is commendable.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

My old Build Log

5 time dB Drag Finalist