Ive had several sets of rims on my 89 Caprice...thinking about going to 24s but I'm saving for the proper lift I want and new front disc brakes and a drum to disc conversion kit for the back. My goal is to have it just high enough that it doesnt rub, but no higher. Its all personal taste. Do I think riced out imports w/ body kits are cool? No, but thats MY OPINION. I'm not a big fan of trucks with 18s and huge ass tires jacked wayy up, but does that matter? NO. because its my OPINION. People who hate either arent open minded, or jealous. If you don't like donks, thats perfectly fine, you're entitled to your opinion. I've had all kinda of feedback from my Caprice, some people LOVE it, and some people say the meanest shit. I don't let it bother me though, haters gonna hate no matter what you do.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

Ive had several sets of rims on my 89 Caprice...thinking about going to 24s but I'm saving for the proper lift I want and new front disc brakes and a drum to disc conversion kit for the back. My goal is to have it just high enough that it doesnt rub, but no higher. Its all personal taste. Do I think riced out imports w/ body kits are cool? No, but thats MY OPINION. I'm not a big fan of trucks with 18s and huge ass tires jacked wayy up, but does that matter? NO. because its my OPINION. People who hate either arent open minded, or jealous. If you don't like donks, thats perfectly fine, you're entitled to your opinion. I've had all kinda of feedback from my Caprice, some people LOVE it, and some people say the meanest shit. I don't let it bother me though, haters gonna hate no matter what you do.

Well i like said before, i didnt start this thread to bash anyone who owns a donk because car audio and customization is all personal preferance. Some people think my bass hobby is a waste of money just like i think their kayaking hobby is a waste of time. I probably should've narrowed the criteria down to a performance stand point instead of just in general. I cant really judge because i've only ridden in a donk once and hated it because it didnt feel smooth, but thats just one car. Someone else's ride could ride like a cloud idk. I just wanted to see what other people thought about them.

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS

like said above if there done right not some huge suspension/body lift that you can see right through

look up the phantom caprice donk, that was built from the ground up, thats my favorite donk

I didn't even like that one. WIth /very/ few exceptions, I don't like cars jacked up on big wheels. To be honest, I don't like trucks jacked up to fit big wheels. Tires? Yes. Wheels? No. There's no real purpose to it except to make the vehicle look "cool," all the while you increase wear and tear, and generally make the thing a road hazard.

That said, a) I'm glad donk owners like their cars, and 2) I'm leaving this thread before it degenerates like the last one.

I don't see too much reasoning in that.

I have my '85 Olds on 24" rims and I think it looks good. But other people say it's dumb and a waste of money, most of those people being guys with lifted trucks.

The same people you're refering too when you say it's ok to lift for tires, but then again, that's a waste of money too since most of them don't take their truck off roading or to the dunes or anything.

So big tires = waste of money since they aren't being used most ofthe time.

Donks = not as big wasted of money dice they serve their perpose. Attention grabbers.

And I'll post this before it starts, KEEP THE RACIAL AND DERROGATORY SHIT OUT OF THIS THREAD!!

Edited by Berto

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I think Donks are badass when done right. Would I ever own one? Probably not cause that really aint my style but I can appreciate other tastes as well.

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

As a previous owner of a 1994 Impala SS i think anything over 20's on that car look like turd. But thats my opinion, I liked my car lowered with less wheel gap. I'm a mechanic near the hood and ive driven a fair number of cars with wheels over 24" and every one of them drove like complete crap. Probably driven bout 15 caprices or crown vics with big wheels and they were all horrible. I can see the "just for show" part of it but definately not for a daily driver. IMO, wheels that big should only be on trucks. Ive driven a few trucks with 24's and 26's and they were not nearly as bad. The suspension and brakes could handle it a lot better. But as people stated earlier, its just an opinion and thats whats great about cars, you can modify them to suit your needs or your own individual taste.

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

I'm sorry but imo I think "donks" look like ass(no pun intended). Anything over 20's-22's on cars just looks retarted. I just laugh every time I see those old Caprices or Cutlasses with like a primer paint job, a lift kit and some clown ass 26's.

Speaking of donks, this vid has always given me lulz

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

in b4 lock :peepwall:

cars are geographical... donks in the SE, euros in the NE, trucks in the south, lowirders w/ hydros in the W. It's all preference!!!!!! Stop these pointless threads :worthless:

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.

I will refrain from my post :D

But it used hate alot of times :shrug:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE