Sonic Electronix

had a guy tell me that his to jl 8s on 1000watts would out do any 12 on 1000 watts. he turned it up while i was outside of the truck gets out looks at me you hear it? i look at him and say no, no i dont. asked him what amp he said a sony rated for 1000watts peak. did i forget to mention he works at a pawn shop and baught the stuff there used, subs in a sealed box.

same place has a punch 1000.1bd for 700 used, retail value of same amp 719.99 new

great prices on movies though. 5 for 10

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

My old boss at the stereo shop use to say if you have batterys in the back all you need is a 8g wire from the alternator to charge them the amps run on the back batterys lol...oh an another myth is AI ray doesn't know how to get loud

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Heard this a few times. Let the speakers warm up before you turn them up all the way? Play at a moderate level for a few minutes then go or else you can blow a speaker. Sounds possible for older speakers but idk.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Heard this a few times. Let the speakers warm up before you turn them up all the way? Play at a moderate level for a few minutes then go or else you can blow a speaker. Sounds possible for older speakers but idk.

Yeah, you want your coils nice and hot before you turn them up lol.

In the winter I used to go a little easy because the suspension feels tight when their cold.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

1. Clipping, distortion, or underpowering kills speakers: These are half truths at best. Speakers are killed thermally or mechanically.

2. High sensitivity is always desirable in vehicle subwoofers: Because of space requirements, the opposite is usually true. See Hoffman's Iron law.

3. "Old School" equipment is always better.

4. Generic "tuning" and volume recommendations are the best way to design an enclosure.

5. Decibels measure loudness: DBs are an objective measurement of pressure and can not be used to quantify the internal subjective experience of loudness.

6. Sound Quality = Sounds good: SQ competitions try to objectively compare the reproduced sound to the original, sounding "good" is a completely subjective opinion.

7. Higher power handling is always better: Not when you have to sacrifice efficiency or low end extension.

8. A Helmholtz resonance(box tuning) in and of itself means something: Without knowing the specifics of the install it is not definitive.

9. Exotic enclosures(t-line, horn, BP, etc) are always better: There are always compromises.

10. Capacitors are always bad/good.

11. MDF or Baltic birch are the only wood suitable for subwoofer enclosures: Other high grade plywoods are lighter and much more rigid than MDF, and can work very will.

12. Thermal power handling is based on an amount of power(watts): Thermal power handling is based power over time.

Sorry if there's a few repeats.

13. Larger speakers are "slower" or smaller speakers are "tighter".

14. Cone area is king: Displacement is what matters i.e. cone area and excursion.

15. Underrated products are always higher quality.

16. Amps that share the same board or parts are the same.

17. CEA certified is important.

18. Clipping causes DC voltage.

19. You can always count on "box rise" when running an amp below minimum impedance.

20. High strand count wire carries current better: High strand count helps with flexibility.

i didnt read all 5 pages so if its been said ill say it again

myth! subs need a break in period

I dont know some subs need alittle breaking in example I have heard the dc level 6 12 need to break in cause they are so stiff and they start smelling.

thats because they did not have enuff power for that massive sub... a sub cools its self from moving if its barly moving its barly cooling its self give me a lvl 6 and it will be moving from peak to peak out the gate i would also feed it like 14k tho

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

i didnt read all 5 pages so if its been said ill say it again

myth! subs need a break in period

I dont know some subs need alittle breaking in example I have heard the dc level 6 12 need to break in cause they are so stiff and they start smelling.

thats because they did not have enuff power for that massive sub... a sub cools its self from moving if its barly moving its barly cooling its self give me a lvl 6 and it will be moving from peak to peak out the gate i would also feed it like 14k tho

WHAT?!

Archived