Sundown Audio

Am I allowed to use only one channel of an amp?

toylocost

Helped a friend of mine peice together a system for his car. The amp he has was too much for his speaker by like three times. I told him to turn the gain all the way down but apparently I was wrong and he didn't need to. 3 hours later he calls and says its fried. :orly3:

So he's gonna buy another. I told him to just get one that can handle the amp but he wont pay that much. So I'm trying to make it safer for him by giving it less power.

Like the title says, can I use only 1 channel on a 2 channel amp?

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

I dont understand what your asking. Yes you can use one channel out of the 2 channel amp

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

I dont understand what your asking. Yes you can use one channel out of the 2 channel amp

Apparently you do lol.

Thanks both of you for the replys. I guessed it wouldn't be a problem but I've guessed wrong before. Just wanted to make sure the other channel wasn't gonna get lonely or something.

A MTX 942 Road Thunder and a Pioneer 12 from walmart. haha.

Only because the amp was free. So about 700rms on that little thing. I've even offered him a trade for an amp that's better for him plus (too much) cash, and he wont take it. On top of all that its in a '54 Chevy that was converted from a generator to an alternator who know when? 30+ years ago? With an alt that probably put out 40 amps when it was new? I've realized all I can do is answer his questions the best I can the first time and after that I just have to agree with whatever he says.

Seems like everyone wants advice but nobody wants to listen.

Archived