Jump to content

How old were you when?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I respect your opinion on Swamp People, but I hate that damn show with a passion lol! It adds to the LA stereotype, it's all scripted and made to appeal to people who have no knowledge or experience of Louisiana or our way of life. It's all doll'd up by TV producers to appeal to viewers across America, but it couldn't be anything farther from what actually goes on down here...

Sorry for getting off topic lol :)

One of my favorite show on history although their accents arnt to appealing :pardon:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Posted

Hell I live in la and I don't see swamp people lol. I pisses me off that they slander and profile our great state! That and dirty law dogs

Posted

I wouldn't let my kids drink. I was in the same situation as you. I was only allowed out until 11pm until I was 18. (Still 18). I can't back talk my parents at all or it just get worse for me. So I keep my mouth shut.

It may suck at the time but they are raising you well. Looking back I'm kinda glad my parents were a little more strict because it kept me in line.

I kinda disagree with the second part, if you're not letting your kids go out and have fun with their friends I don't personally think that they're getting the full high school experience. And another thing is that when your kid goes to college and is the only one who hasn't drank before, he's gonna be the one getting in trouble and getting alcohol poisoning because he doesn't know what hes doing. And I'm not just spitting shit out of my head, I really think pretty strongly about stuff like this since it effects me and people I'm around.

so its better to get alcohol poisoning in high school? :ehh: makes sense... :nea:

BTW, it is possible to have a fun life without going out and getting drunk. and most people get to the point where they realize drinking and partying is not a great idea, childish, out grow it, etc.

No, not saying alcohol poisoning is good at all, but in high school if you're drinking and something goes wrong you're almost 90% of the time gonna be relatively close to adults who can help, while in college there wont be those kind of people you can always depend on. And to the finding it childish and growing out of it, ive heard of people doing it, but if everyone in my family can do it and be as successful as they are then I don't see a problem with it.

And again, this depends on a lot of background factors, such as where you live( I live in an SEC town..so it's expected), your family (uppermiddle class, all white, all masters degrees and 2 phd's in my dad's generation), and your family's background with alcohol ( we don't really have any alcoholics..)

we talking about going to parties and getting drunk or having a few beers or wine?

if we're talking about my family, my aunts, and dad, and cousin(26) go out and party hard. My other uncle and grandma have at least 1 glass of wine a day, grandma has 2 at least, and on special occasions, thanksgiving, Xmas, etc. They get drunk.

As for me it just depends, I seriously enjoy the taste of beer a lot, so a lot of times I'll just sit around with a few friends and drink a 6 pack or so, but if I'm goin out to party I get hammered.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Posted

But they got some balls to be out there catch big ass alligators and snake barehanded. Dawn coonasses lol

Posted

i'm saying that idk why my parents don't trust me when they don't have the reason to yet, idk what I might do when they let me out, if they know they've raised me right they should trust me enough to let me go out with friends at least in the summer. if I really wanted to drink I would tell my dad straight up I want to have a drink with you, it's not like they hide alcohol from me or keep it in locked areas, drinking is an open thing with my family which is why I don't understand why I can't drink when they started at an earlier age than me and yet they still graduated from college and made a very successful living.

Maybe they learned from their own experience. They are your parents, and they chose to raise you in a way that seems to be in direct accordance with the law. Plus, you've already mentioned you would have a couple drinks and shots. Here's my $0.02, you can either drink against your parents' wishes (confirming their mistrust) or prove your worth and wait till you're 21. I never had my first taste of alcohol until 22, just saying.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

I seriously enjoy the taste of beer a lot

Ya think? :lol:

That's not all you enjoy... :peepwall:

haha

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

Half my family gets plastered on a daily basis. And I think its sickning im not knocking people who drink responsibly. I've just seen the ups and downs and the ugly side . I've been sober for 10 years. And I half a bar in my house. If I want it I got it. Maybe once a year I will take a shot. But get drunk no.

Posted

Well first, not many parents know what there kids do. Second, you have to realize there perspective, they have met many and can see trouble makers. My parents never really let me do anything but trust will come over time, just be a kid, your 16. Your parents seem too protective in your eyes but they are looking out for you.

My parents never gave me or my broter permission to drink. They know we do every now and then but it's all about maturity and self control which is why they don't rage and they feel that we are old enough to drink. I first drank without permission when I was 15 with some of my brothers friends. I didn't drink through high school except for a few occasions because I don't trust the people around me at parties. If I'm with close friends I'll drink a decent amount. But alcohol isn't need to achieve "the high school experience" at all.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

Half my family gets plastered on a daily basis. And I think its sickning im not knocking people who drink responsibly. I've just seen the ups and downs and the ugly side . I've been sober for 10 years. And I half a bar in my house. If I want it I got it. Maybe once a year I will take a shot. But get drunk no.

the whole male side of my family drinks regularly besides my grandpa, but they drink responsibly.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

This thread has made all my advertisement things on the site about beer memorabillia and alcohol treatment... :peepwall:

And hunter..we talkin about pizza is the other thing I enjoy right? :good:

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4865 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...