Second Skin Audio

Any potential problems for this enclosure?

In a trunk ? Why not sub and port firing back ?

Or firing through the back seats, if you seal everything around the box (like a wall) ?

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Or firing through the back seats, if you seal everything around the box (like a wall) ?

Sub up port back works very well in a trunk from my experience. On a meter you'll notice a bigger different sub forward, port forward and sealed off completely.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

You'll have a hard time finding a trunk that allows for an 18 to sit vertically.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I have the 18 fireing forward out of the trunk. Its amazing i love it. I can help you fit it if your okay with bending wood, glassing and 4months of work. But to be honest i would have been very happy with a 15. More space in my trunk, could have made it sit different. Get a 15 and make it and the port face forward. Done right its going to be louder then a 18 faceing up or back.

1.2" Dowels for bracing. You need to realize that bracing will take up space in the box therefore raising your tuning. I'd run a double baffle setup, with some 1.2" dowels from top to bottom and front to back. Also, any reason you are set on an aero port? 2 7" aeros wouldn't personally be my setup of choice.

Hmm, what would your recommendation be?

1.2" Dowels for bracing. You need to realize that bracing will take up space in the box therefore raising your tuning. I'd run a double baffle setup, with some 1.2" dowels from top to bottom and front to back. Also, any reason you are set on an aero port? 2 7" aeros wouldn't personally be my setup of choice.

Hmm, what would your recommendation be?

I'm not a big aero fan, but a partly external slot would be my choice. Aeros work well though.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

hey whats up man,

I will be building my first 4th order 2 chamber box for the first time. I have seen and helped many people build 4th orders. I will be using 2 re audio sx 10's. They will be in facing the the trunk. The 2nd chamber and port will be going through the backseat hand rest. The problem with my car trunk is that its wide enough but gets smaller closer to the backseat hand rest. I would say I have about 2.8 to 3 cubic feet to work with for the chamber with the port alone. The sealed chamber has tons of space. I would like to have the box tuned around 32-34 hz. Should I cut out the square port to be about 6 inches high, 5 inches wide and about 19 inches long? I did some calculations with those measements and the tuning came out to be around 33. I just need some expert advice and it seems that you know tons on 4th order boxes. I will appreciate your input.

Thanks alot bro,

josh