Sundown Audio

Kicker Kx2500.1d Vs Autotek Mm4000.1d

pervitizm

Look to run either a pair of FI BL or a single(BLT or SoloX) 18's subs. I'm leaning more towards the SOLO just because I'm a die hard kicker fan. Which would you choose and why? Will be running off a stock 2007 suburban alt, which I believe is a 180amp alternator and a pair of batteries. One battery for the truck the other for the sub amp. I'll need to double check that number though on the alt just to make sure. This will be a temporary as I plan on going with a dual 240amp alternators setup for the truck. Any idea which way I should go? This will be for daily bump only, not looking to compete, just to beat.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

hands down id go with the kicker amp. (oh and its btl not blt ;) )

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Im a kicker fan ive got 2 x 12" solo x but im happy with them they are awesome subs if i was to say they pretty much best subs you can get your hands on. Im never not having my solo's no one can talk me round square for life.

KICKER Livin' Loud

hands down id go with the kicker amp. (oh and its btl not blt ;) )

LOL......Sorry about that but it was almost two in the morning and i was going in and out of conscious.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Well so far that 2 to 0 for the kicker amp. Also again due to the sleep I was lacking last night I listed the wrong amp. It is in fact the Kicker ZX 2500.1D and not the KX.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Well, my kicker auction didn't go like I had planned. So I wound up going with the Autotek MM4000.1D amp instead of the kicker. I wanted the kicker but I also wanted the Autotek. Once the price of the kicker got to the point of over price for me I snagged the Autotek instead and still came out cheaper than what I would have if I would have contiuned with the Kicker. The Mean Machine is a factory refurb, and I also got an additional extended warranty on the amp. Now that I've got that part out of the way, what should I be looking at battery wise to keep this amp happy? I was thinking maybe 1 battery to replace the stock one and then two more batteries for the system giving me a total of three. I would like to go with just two but I've never dealt with an amp that puts out more than 1500 watts.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Well, my kicker auction didn't go like I had planned. So I wound up going with the Autotek MM4000.1D amp instead of the kicker. I wanted the kicker but I also wanted the Autotek. Once the price of the kicker got to the point of over price for me I snagged the Autotek instead and still came out cheaper than what I would have if I would have contiuned with the Kicker. The Mean Machine is a factory refurb, and I also got an additional extended warranty on the amp. Now that I've got that part out of the way, what should I be looking at battery wise to keep this amp happy? I was thinking maybe 1 battery to replace the stock one and then two more batteries for the system giving me a total of three. I would like to go with just two but I've never dealt with an amp that puts out more than 1500 watts.

get some yellow tops :D i only have one and its powers my two 2000 watt mono blocks for a good 2-3 hours and i can still start my, take forever to start car ;)

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

get kinetiks. an 800 up front and 2 2400s out back

How much do the kinetisk run? And where can I buy them at?

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Archived