I just bought an Audiopipe 30001D for two kicker l7 15". I also got a stinger 50 farad capacitor. I'm wondering if just getting a good battery under the hood with the cap will be enough. I'd do the big 3 if needed. Just help me out on what to do. Also what type of battery? I really don't have room anywhere for a second so that's why I need to know if the big3, good main batt, and that huge cap will be enough

well before you think about a battery you need to look into a high output alternator, because alternator current matters alot more than battery size, but i'd say a hc2400 under the hood would be ideal with something like a 200a alternator. Contact Excessive Amperage, they've quoted me prices lower than dc and mechman for everything, and they're just as high quality wise as everyone else : )

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

Lose the cap. Big 3. Good battery under hood. HO alternator.

so i shouldn't use the cap? i had got it to work as nearly a second battery since its a 50 farad. I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible, i dont mind spending money on quality stuff i just would rather not have to spend much more money.

Just put a small battery like a xs d375 where you were going to put that cap

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

where could i get a cheaper alternator? i drive a 92 dodge dakota 5.2 v8. i dont really wanna have to drop $375.

Try the local auto parts like Napa. Trucks usually came with a HO alt option from the factory. Usually 145-200 amps. See if one is available for your truck.

Is an alternator 100% necessary though? i got the cap thinking it would cover the power draw since its a 50 farad. i mean audiopipe sugguests a 1 farad so.... Is it really neccassary? im going to get a nice battery under the hood like an optima yellow top, xs, of kinetic. it would be the biggest i could get under the hood too