*no longer* concerned about the car

now have you ever turned the key and it did nothing and then turned the key and held it and it fires up eventually.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

well, this morning I went out (a little early) to start it before work...no dice. got my friend to drive me to work and a co-worker to drive me home. just tried it again and nothing. Ill be digging deep into this thing starting tonight (wait till the sun goes down, its 105 degrees) and ongoing all weekend till I find the problem.

a co-worker said that on some toyotas, if the shifter bypass switch to the right of the shifter is engaged, it would bypass the neutral safety switch, and let you start the car. Ill try that too...

but from what I remember between the yelling and cursing this morning was that I would hear a click at the shifter when I tried to start the car. usually, I start the car and soon as I put my foot on the brake to shift out of park, I would hear that click, Im assuming dis-engages the neutral switch. So ill be following that click too.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

When my starter began to go, my car started a little harder than normal. Then one day at the gas station when I went to start it, it made no sound and just sat there. No click, nothing. Tried again and it fired up. Next day, I couldn't start my car at all and it still didn't click when I tried it. Had someone try to start the car for me as I watched the starter and when they hit it, the relay did not fire, but a very small amount of dust and smoke puffed out of the starter and there was a faint squealing sound that could only be heard if you were hanging over the engine bay.

Hopefully it's something simple and cheap, good luck.

luckily, I have remote start, so Ill try this too. I probably was too much in a hurry this morning to notice anything besides the shifter click

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

little update, the starter's getting power from the main line. there IS a click from behind the dashboard as well as in the engine bay when it tries to start. the main power line coming from the battery to the starter post does lose a couple tenths of voltage while trying to start, and theres a faint hum I hear from under the hood.

also just tested the line from the ignition to starter. it reads 0 by itself, then when trying to crank it jumps to 10 volts. is it supposed to see 12 volts? seems like if I had a bad relay, that line would read 0 right?

It's what nate said my pos impala does it all the time.. buy I never replace it cuz I'm lazy LOL

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Main relay. Common problem in older Hondas. Should be on the driver's side under the dash IIRC, look and you'll see it.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I believe its the starter. I tested the command line with a jumper wire from the battery and it didn't do anything...just a low pitched hum. and when I use a DMM on the same line, it shows 11.25 volts when trying to crank, and 0.00 when not.

could try bypassing the relay. take a jumper wire with a high amperage rating and take it betweem pins 85 and 87 of the relay socket on the car. if your car starts, go buy a relay, if your car doesnt start more than likely it is your starter. i believe it to be your starter going out. sometime when you try to start it, turn your headlights on. if when you try to start it they stay bright your starter isnt getting any power. if the headlights go out when you try to start it check all connections for corrosion/ broken wires. if all connections and wires are good, go buy a starter. best of luck to you.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

could try bypassing the relay. take a jumper wire with a high amperage rating and take it betweem pins 85 and 87 of the relay socket on the car. if your car starts, go buy a relay, if your car doesnt start more than likely it is your starter. i believe it to be your starter going out. sometime when you try to start it, turn your headlights on. if when you try to start it they stay bright your starter isnt getting any power. if the headlights go out when you try to start it check all connections for corrosion/ broken wires. if all connections and wires are good, go buy a starter. best of luck to you.

I thought running a jumper from the positive bat terminal to the command terminal on the starter would bypass any/all relays and erase any doubt? similar to running a jumper from your positive terminal to your amp's remote line to make sure it turns on.

I thought running a jumper from the positive bat terminal to the command terminal on the starter would bypass any/all relays and erase any doubt? similar to running a jumper from your positive terminal to your amp's remote line to make sure it turns on.

exactly

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Archived