Second Skin Audio

Box Design for DD1508

I usually dont do this, but whatever. I built boxes for those subs before, and designed some. Here are my two fav I have on my computer

first is a bandpass tline, one of my favorite designs

8bandpass2.jpg

8bandpass.jpg

The second is just a horn loaded ported box. Just ported with a horn flare. turned out very low and clear, handled 1000w good I heard. was in a trunk car

horn8a.jpg

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Sick boxes!!!!!

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Oh my god THANK YOU!!! I've seen that bandpass tline, and wanted to ask about it but didnt want to be a bother.

And that horn design is sexy, I'm not sure how I would make the horn flare.

I owe you man, when I get some money in my Paypal I'll send some your way.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I vote T-line. I've always wanted to try one.

That's the one I will try to build. I've been reading up on them but don't know nearly enough to design a proper one... Having a design this sexy= AMAZING!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Someone here on SMD built it, and did a great job on it. It was for his dad, but I guess it exceeded some expectations.

As I said, I'am a big fan of the tline band pass designs, and they have never failed me with output overall. Low freq extension, efficiency, and sexiness

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

that's awesome, what are these things tuned at? Can you still hear when its going bonkers /i mean you wont be able to see the woofer like in a standard box when doing the "sub sonic setting" I suspect replacing a busted woofer wont be much fun either?

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

Someone here on SMD built it, and did a great job on it. It was for his dad, but I guess it exceeded some expectations.

As I said, I'am a big fan of the tline band pass designs, and they have never failed me with output overall. Low freq extension, efficiency, and sexiness

I remember this. I think it was for punkrok.

Stupid question. How do you mount the sub in a bandpass this small? Well, small when compared to the bandpasses you see invans and such.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert