Second Skin Audio

Box for single SA-12

Hey guys. So I have a design for 2 12's ported, but since I only have one sub at the moment, I'm just going to buy a box for it off audiosavings. Would this box do? I don't wanna spend over 50$ on a box because this is only a temp box until I get my other 12 and build my own. Thanks

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

build it yourself. Will cost less than $50 and you will have a little more experience when it's time to build the 2 12"s box..

Edited by CaPRiCEx383

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

how long until you get the other twelve? you could just build a box for 2 twelves and cover the hole if its a common chamber or leave it open if you make separate chambers.

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

I would make a box for both twelves and just make it separate chambered... Then once you get the other one, you could pretty much just screw it in and be done already

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

I have no idea when I'll get my other 12. But if I build it, could any of you guys give me some dimensons? I'm not good at all that designing and such. Haha. If I can't get a design, I'll just buy one. I would ask RAM_Design, but I heard he asks for money and if I'm going to pay for an enclosure, It would be for my 2 12's. And if I got that box above that I listed, how would it sound off an aq1200D? SA-12 D4

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

What are your max dimensions? Design and build a box for both twelves, but make it a two chambered box. It'd make a lot more sense.

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

Well, right now, I'm driving my dads truck. I was just going toss the single 12" in the backseat because no one uses it, and then when I get my OWN car, I was going to put BOTH 12"s in there.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

I know how you can do it. Simply build a middle port box, like so: http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w36/tha_ostrich/34cubes34Hz212s.jpg but when you are done either cut the box in half down the port and secure a new outer wall onto the port without gluing it, then remove the temporary wall and glue the box back together when done. Or slide a divider piece down the middle of the port, allowing your one chamber to have half the port opening to it self, and pull that piece out when you get the second one. Or, if need be, build it so it would have 2 independent ports.

And I do free designs, you can PM me if you want.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Well, right now, I'm driving my dads truck. I was just going toss the single 12" in the backseat because no one uses it, and then when I get my OWN car, I was going to put BOTH 12"s in there.

Oh okay then go ahead and do the prefab (if its to specs or at least really close. I didn't even check). Or build yourself a basic box.

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

Build Log

No matter how temporary it was, I wouldn't put a subwoofer in the back with no restraint, especially in a non-trunk car.

Remember the law of inertia? The force that tries to stop this projectile could be the back of your head.

Unless this is a vehicle that is going to stay parked in the driveway. But I doubt that's going to happen.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert