Help me fund my new vehicle!! Please...

Hey guys! Before I ask any questions I'm going to give you guys some background information about my car, and the recent events my car has been involved with. I own a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am, and being the irresponsible young adolescent that I am I neglected the importance of checking my oil on a regular basis. I was driving on the highway to class about a week ago when I started hearing a god awful noise coming from under the hood. After class, I drove to the nearest gas station to fill up on oil, coolant, and gas. By this time It was already too late; I had obtained a loud knock from burning up something (That I didn't care enough to check into) in the engine. Today I was driving to work when my engine ceased (I believe that's what happened), my car was towed to my house. After work I came home and started striping everything that may come in handy in the future, out of my car. Some of these things include my aftermarket door and rear deck speakers, subwoofers, amp, head unit, rear view mirror, and floor mats.

Now that you know a little about my recent experience I would like to ask some advice concerning the disposal of my POS car. I'm trying to make as much money as possible, while still executing a reasonably quick means of disposal. I have been told that I could either scrap the whole car for metal weight to a scrapyard, or part it out on craigslist. To be honest, I only have a rough idea of what the possible amount of money I could actually get for this. So finally, I'd like to ask you car junkies, what you think would be the most profitable means of disposing my Grand Am. Also if you could please put a rough estimate of time, and possible income I'd be looking at with you're suggested technique. Any input is welcome, Thank you for your time and advice.

P.S. I can't have my car sitting around too long, I live in a subdivision in which it is parked on the street. Therefore it'd be kind of a pain in the ass to have a bunch of random people coming to wrench on it for parts.

parting it out will take a while but will def get u the most $$, reading that u dont have somewhere ideal to keep at i say just scrap it. take the more common parts off it first and sell those and scrap the car they usually go by weight so taking a few parts wont hurt u

GL

parting it out will take a while but will def get u the most $$, reading that u dont have somewhere ideal to keep at i say just scrap it. take the more common parts off it first and sell those and scrap the car they usually go by weight so taking a few parts wont hurt u

GL

what are some of the parts you recommend taking? In that case maybe I should fill the gas tank with concrete :P

Sell the most important things. Take all the wires like the main harness out and melt the insulation off for the copper. Take the Cats off because they are worth some. I think radiators are too? Anything thats like aluminum or copper take off yourself and sell seperatly.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

Sell the most important things. Take all the wires like the main harness out and melt the insulation off for the copper. Take the Cats off because they are worth some. I think radiators are too? Anything thats like aluminum or copper take off yourself and sell seperatly.

Copper > Steel > Aluminium but they will be paying the same price for all of it? I think I understand what your getting at.

Copper > Steel > Aluminium but they will be paying the same price for all of it? I think I understand what your getting at.

Copper and aluminium are worth alot more. I don't explain stuff very well lol. Sorry. :pardon:

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

I can see the radiator maybe being worth the time to take off and sell on eBay. But as for the wiring harness I don't think that would be worth your time, although copper is a fairly expensive metal, we are only talking a few dollars per pound. It'd take a freakin shit ton of wiring harnesses to get even a pound man. Look on eBay and see what common parts are sold used for your car

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

I have nothing to add to this other than what has already been said, I just wanted to say I have family from Toledo. I went out there years ago probably out 2000. I think I remember the "ghetto" part of the city being near the zoo, can you confirm this for the lulz? Also, my cousin was at the gym and Katie Holmes was on the treadmill next to him and farted. Cool Story Bro, I know.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Deff the cat, if there's anything left of it. Over time they tend to crumble and turn to dust inside your muffler.

Shit, the engine block is worth some, but it's also fun to take apart a car. Especially with an air chisel, sawsall, and cuttoff wheel. :-D

Usually tge headlights and taillights ate worth something on eBay.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback