Second Skin Audio

Do you seal the inside of your enclosures ???

Fish Chris

^^lol :peepwall:

Its hilarious. It doesnt look like the port on the box it just looks like the cabins ported bro

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Not to thread jack, but Decaf bro - i have a knarly hairtrick video on a cute girl my wife is friends with.......i might put it up tonight. I used the B-Legit stickem that you modded as well as my favorite "slow death in a hearse"....i had her give you a shot out before the bass hit lol :drinks:

Thread jack:

Is this cute girl the following

1) white

2) hawt

3) like ninjas

4)single

Thank you for your time and I will await your reply

:ninja:

:popcorn:

triple thread jack:

1) yes

2) Hot, mmmm....not sure. Cute, yes. not bad but mid 30's type chick...im old so my tastes might be different lol :peepwall:

3) does not like ninja's

4) i dont know, but i do know im not, so it dont matter to me.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

^^lol :peepwall:

Its hilarious. It doesnt look like the port on the box it just looks like the cabins ported bro

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/111337-my-4th-order/page__p__1555282#entry1555282

I like the idea. I wasnt saying your idea is funny i was aiming at dude for trying to point out i didnt clarify myself about thinking it was just a the cabin being ported and not comming directly from the box. Props bro looks good.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

Much thanks guys.

Yea', I was talking about sealing the "surface" of the porous MDF itself. My joints are always tight.... sometimes you can't even smoke them... Doh ! Wait a minute... Where were we ?

My corners are precision cut, glued, and screwed, and then, I've just always felt better about running a quick bead of silicone on all of the inside corners, just in case I failed a little, on one spot or the other.

If I ever build a "super-box" which holds multiple pro series subs, I will probably do the whole glassing thing.... but otherwise, resin seems like a messy PITA.

Think I'll just shoot a $2 can of gloss paint in there, to seal, and slicken up the surfaces. Might not help $#!+.... But it's only $2, and 5 minutes labor, so WTF ?

Thanks again,

Fish

Not to thread jack, but Decaf bro - i have a knarly hairtrick video on a cute girl my wife is friends with.......i might put it up tonight. I used the B-Legit stickem that you modded as well as my favorite "slow death in a hearse"....i had her give you a shot out before the bass hit lol :drinks:

thread jacks are ok if done by owner of site... check :clapping:

i love that b-legit song, and its one of the few songs i took out some bass so that it drops bombs when the bass comes back in.

and damn steve, those smd's are taking that 26hz drop like i champ then, cant wait to see

to fishchris, i like what my teammate mlstrass does with his boxes. he just buys a gallon of white house paint and uses that on the inside. roll/brush it on and it will provide a smooth surface while sealing the wood and its far cheaper than a rattle can job :good:

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I heard mdf is very porous suppossedly you can use a strong vaccum and hold a piece of paper through a piece of 3/4 never tried it. I always use resin in the inside of box it seals it and makes a nice smooth finish. As far as making it louder haven't tested before or after with and without sealing it. Logic would say the smoother the service the faster the air leaves the port which is more dbs

we use 3/4" mdf for the suction surface on our CNC at work, the vacume pulls enough suction THROUGH the 3/4" MDF to hold down melamine and hardwoods as the bit rips through the material....since i've seen that, I always seal the surfaces inside and out with resin. (also like that its waterproof at this point:)

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Only ever used silicone on the inside seams. Never gone as far as resin or glass, but also never metered any of my boxes or installed anything over 2000 watts. :pardon:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived