How to Pack and Ship Batteries

I just got my battery in the mail today and it was packaged in some expanding foam bag type padding like this

http://www.lpsind.com/InstapakCushion.htm

That would be the best packing for a battery imo, I would have felt comfortable dropping the batt from 10ft when I got the package today.

edit pic of batt:

106_0444.jpg

Remy battery shipping department FTW

Edited by JPagan

I got 2 xs 6500's I may need to ship. Thought I had factory packaging, but I do not. These are 58 pounds each, any suggestions to keep them safe from the fucktard FedEx people?

When I shipped out 20 of the D1600's, they weigh 50lbs each, and I used boxes that were a little bigger than the batts themselves, and stuffed them with Newspaper balled up... Put it on the bottom, so it was about 2 inches thick after being smashed down, and then stuffed the sides and top, taped up like mofo and all was great...

Think packing peanuts would work in the place of newspaper? I got a ton of them from other packages.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I used news paper one time to ship or 50 pound subs. Motors ended up broken off the baskets ...

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

packing peanuts would turn into dust from a battery. remember to not have bolts on the terminals. they will get pushed in the first time the battery is dropped upside down. ive seen it happen.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I got 2 xs 6500's I may need to ship. Thought I had factory packaging, but I do not. These are 58 pounds each, any suggestions to keep them safe from the fucktard FedEx people?

When I shipped out 20 of the D1600's, they weigh 50lbs each, and I used boxes that were a little bigger than the batts themselves, and stuffed them with Newspaper balled up... Put it on the bottom, so it was about 2 inches thick after being smashed down, and then stuffed the sides and top, taped up like mofo and all was great...

I got one of these batteries and it arrived fine. just don't get stingy on the news paper and it'll be good. And don't use a box that's too big or the paper will just displace.

/Cheers

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Cut up card board boxes and slide them in for a perfect fit, you can make them as thick as you need and just use a tad bit of wood glue to hold them together. if the box is 2" larger on each side most boxes are 1/8" to 1/4" thick so it may take a few but you can get a very secure feeling box made for them with no wiggle room at all.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I once shipped a battery with lots of sheets of foam surrounding the battery which was wrapped in like 10 yards of extra cotton fabric I was never gonna use,

I also once shipped a sub using like 8 pillows I found in my shed.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Ive shipped using old (obviously clean) towels. they work great to wrap around amps a couple times...but Ive always used foam and box within a box within a box for batteries.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco