First speeding ticket.

77 in a 75 would never exist here in Texas. We allow for a 5MPH over limit. Granted that EVERY car is at the top end of that cushion, but cops never say anything.

Now in terms of speeding tickets, I got nailed with a 97 in a 65 in some backwoods town in north Texas. Town had MAYBE two cops, and I passed both. One was standing outside his car with his radar gun and got me as I switched lanes. Passed the other hiding behind a bush about half a mile down, as the first cop was following me. No one really said anything to me back home. I got the money, mailed it in to get it paid, and havent heard anything else. No rise in insurance, no license suspension, and no lashing from family.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

Alright, I waited a little bit to tell him. But I just did.

Mom definitely made me think he was going to over-react.

But in reality, as I told him, he had one of those "about time" smirks on his face, and then gave me the standard "you know better than this" bullcrap.

Definitely not how I thought it was gonna go down.

Now I get to deal with court... Maybe they'll let me go. That would be nice. So far in this situation, everything is turning out to not as bad as I'm making them out to be. So, then I'm going to assume court is gonna fuck me over, maybe that will make them let me go. :P

Thats the exact same responce my Dad gave me! They assumed I would get one. They just didnt think it would be for going quite so fast :peepwall:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

What sucks is that I turn 18 in like 3 weeks. But, nope, since I'm under 18 for the offense, they have to come with me to court. I turn 18 a week before the court date.

And I know they won't let me put a system in the truck either. No "privileges," I only get the vehicle I NEED to get to class.

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. Dealing with anything with parents involved in nerveracking. I can't say I can help you out though, I turned 17 a couple months ago and still have a clean driving record.

Like what has been said before, get a decent lawyer and try to fight your way through it. If not, grit your teeth, fight through it. Life moves on.

• 1 month later...

Congrats. My first ticket I got was 119 in a 30. The one cop in my town saw it and knew who I was so he met me at my house and talked to me. Let me off with 60 in a 30, went to court paid the court surcharges for 50 dropped the ticket fine and lost my license for 10 days. I was lucky only had one speeding ticket since. Which was dumb but all my fault. My girlfriends car wouldn't start so I was comin in hot at 78 in a 55 with jumper cables and tools to tighten the battery terminals, it was like -5 and winter here so that's the only reason I was rushing to get there lol. Now I've pulled my driving record up and have 14 tint tickets at 130 a piece and 2 careless 1 wreckless and 2 exhibition, a couple no front plate and 2 random equipment violations for unable to see license plate, and tint tail lights. All by one trooper who I smart mouthed once. Too be young again all the shit I would change.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

Feel lucky my friend. I had 4 speeding tickets, 2 seatbelts, and driving w/o a licence or motorcycle endorsement, all before I turned 18. My licence was revoked 3 times and I have to carry a SR-22 till I almost 23. (luckily thats only 1.5 yrs from now)

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

My first ticket was 53 in 35. $101 ticket. Didn't hafta go to court.

This one time this honda wanted to race while we were riding down the road, and I was about to punch it and like two seconds before I did out from the woods some headlights came on. The cop pulled the other guy over. Got so lucky that night.

Good luck

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

Archived