The Difference..

NDMstang65

Awesome pictures! LOL and I guess now I know why those other companies take so long to build your sub, waiting on China! I'm almost on my 3rd Fi purchase :) What's the difference between a Mayhem and a BTL?

well I think one of the biggest differences is that the Mayhem isn't neo like the btl n series.

im gonna runn Fi again after i get my lvl5 sold ive had an ssd in the past, and its nothing against DC (great company, great products) i just like Fi more. :pardon::drink40:

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

Wow people are complaining about a 7-14 day build time? I gladly waited a lot longer than that to get one of my BTL's and it was well worth it! I just want to say thanks to Nick, Scot, and everybody at Fi for making such excellent subs and striving to keep money in our economy!

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

What's the difference between a Mayhem and a BTL?

The mayhem vs the new btl n2, n3 is a lot. the mayhem is not a neodymium built woofer as someone else already said.

The most comparable BTL to the Mayhem are the 1st gen BTLs like Steve Meade put in Chickens Hoopty.

They both are 3 slug Ferrite Magnet woofers.

The BTL you can pick and choose the options you want such as hmmx coil, cooling, p chamfer, etc...

The Mayhem is made one way and that was fully loaded with all the options you could add to the btl. However the Mayhem and any other Ascendant Audio product can only be bought thru a Dealer, not online like a BTL.

As for options both used the same 8awg push terminals, the same baskets, the same pressed cones, etc etc.

Oh and the top and bottom plate of a Mayhem is Black, unlike the old BTL.

The Mayhems are a flawless woofer that take a beating. No real need to update or change anything about them. :D

Archived