Fish Chris Posted August 14, 2011 Report Posted August 14, 2011 First off, we all know that Chris T's box building program is freaking awesome and very accurate, right ? So, I've been playing with it, and have basically settled on this design, for my current box build. This is a print screen for the box, with normal, built in ports, for most of my music, and normal frequency bass, tuned close to 35hz.... And this, is the same box, but with port extenders added, to drop my tuning to close to 25hz, for my really deep techno bass stuff {"loud" is great, as long as it's below 30hz } ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Now, check this out.... I'm an old guy (47 this month), so back when I built my first subwoofer enclosure, PC's were not even mainstream yet, let alone bad ass box building programs like Chris T's.... So, we used to use this old graph, called a port tuning nomogram. I got really comfortable, and confident using one. So basically, nowadays, even when I have the pleasure of using a sweet, powerful program like Chris T's, I still like to go back and play with the old nomogram, just to double check that I haven't input any wrong info.... And apparently, I haven't, as the nomogram tells me almost exactly the same thing as Chris' program does I told Chris I'd post this here so you guys could see how the nomogram works. I won't insult your intelligence, trying to explain it, as it's pretty self explanatory. Just take a minute to check out the bars for box size, tuning frequency, port area.... Then it's just kind of like drawing straight lines, and connecting the dots (cross-points). You can see where I drew in a line for 84 in sq, and an extra line at 40" for port length.... But again, all spot on to what Chris' program shows. Peace, Fish PS, Thanks again Chris, for your awesome program. Fun, and with a good purpose too
Winn Posted August 14, 2011 Report Posted August 14, 2011 My expressions when seeing this in order Moral: Confused As usual You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back. JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE
heckvr4 Posted August 14, 2011 Report Posted August 14, 2011 you are old fish.... lol, im kinnda drunk rite now, but ill look at it tomorow and give you a proper reply 05 f150 4 18'' DC lvl6 2 DC AUDIO 9.0ks 161.3 @ 44HZ build log here96 tahoe http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160522-8-18xls2-dc-100k4th-order/page-9
Torres Posted August 15, 2011 Report Posted August 15, 2011 that is a pretty intriguing method, that's for sure. and pretty awesome that the results are the same!
BJD3 Posted August 15, 2011 Report Posted August 15, 2011 Thankfully, you posted this on the F150 forum, so I know I was looking at it correctly. ha ha ha ha Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
727Designs Posted August 15, 2011 Report Posted August 15, 2011 I have big time respect for you guys who can still do it this way. BBP6 is my lifesaver, I'd never figure anything out that way. LOL -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
Fish Chris Posted August 15, 2011 Author Report Posted August 15, 2011 Right on Of course your program is my new "go to" box building program. But the old nomo gram is a good way to check things "long hand". Also just interesting to see the way they did it way back in the day. Speaking of which, what freaking braniac came up with that damn nomogram, many years before the use of a PC ??? Anyway, Peace, Fish that is a pretty intriguing method, that's for sure. and pretty awesome that the results are the same!
BJD3 Posted August 15, 2011 Report Posted August 15, 2011 I have big time respect for you guys who can still do it this way. BBP6 is my lifesaver, I'd never figure anything out that way. LOL Coming from someone that knows shit about shit, I literally sat down, figured it out, and worked one out. Its dead simple once you sit down with it. To be honest, to get a general idea of what I need to look at, using this method and then transferring it over into CT's calc to get specifics (IMO) is hyper efficient. Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.