Red Top any good for a second battery?

So for a temporary setup i am able to get a optima red top for $50. new from an o'reilly's. I was suppose to get it for the starting battery but when i needed one i had already got a diehard for starting. So what i'm asking is would it suit to handle the 2 zx1000.1 that i have for the subs? I would isolate the batteries of coarse. I had tried to get the yellow top but i would only be able to get the red under different circumstances. It is only going to be temporary till i get the xs power d3400 in January.

Edited by KenC210

So for a temporary setup i am able to get a optima red top for $50. new from an o'reilly's. I was suppose to get it for the starting battery but when i needed one i had already got a diehard for starting. So what i'm asking is would it suit to handle the 2 zx1000.1 that i have for the subs? I would isolate the batteries of coarse. I had tried to get the yellow top but i would only be able to get the red under different circumstances. It is only going to be temporary till i get the xs power d3400 in January.

Is your die hard AGM?

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

No on the AGM die hard its the gold version not the platinum

and the alternator is still stock it says 130 amps so i would say its like at 90 amps or so. the h/o is also coming in jan.

where do you get 90 amps from? unless you mean idle. if your stock alt says its 130 amps, its 130 amps

No on the AGM die hard its the gold version not the platinum

and the alternator is still stock it says 130 amps so i would say its like at 90 amps or so. the h/o is also coming in jan.

where do you get 90 amps from? unless you mean idle. if your stock alt says its 130 amps, its 130 amps

yes i do mean at idle

Usually red top optima battery are good for starting vehicle not for audio

[noob]

I don't know man. Compared to the Yellow Top, the capacity is lower, but isn't the discharge rate higher? I would think 90% of the time you're listening to your system, if the engine is on, you aren't running tremendous amounts of power, and your electrical system is anywhere near how it should be, you wouldn't need all the "extra" reserve capacity. You would need something that would supply power for almost instantaneous spikes in power draw.

[/noob]

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert