Phoenix Gold Australia's 12x 12" Elite's 24kw - 160.2dB @ 40Hz

Hi All,

Well New Year's Day here in Australia yesterday and we were hard at work, even though it was close to 100 degrees!

The morning started with stretching, glassing and high filling the side door speaker pods. Here's a test fit...

IMGP3984.jpg

We know we're not going to have time to completely finish off the side doors, so for this show we are just getting them to the point that we can roll down the windows and leave the actual door shut. With that in mind, we built a little shelf below the shelf below the speaker pod that will block your view down into the door, hiding all the unfished bits. It's a bit hard to tell from this pic but it should make sense as we go along...

IMGP3985.jpg

It was soo freakin' hot we had to take a break and go for a swim, then come back and continue with the sanding. So not a huge amount of pics to bore you with, but we did make some good progress...Here's the end result:

IMGP3986.jpg

IMGP3988.jpg

And my favoutite pic, which starts to give a good idea of what this thing will look like:

IMGP3987.jpg

Oh yeah and a picture of all the lemon soda we drank (keep in mind this was just Bec and I):

IMGP3989.jpg

So basically, all fabrication is now done, and today is assembly day, so hoping for some some impressive pictures later today!!!

Cheers,

Scott

I love this build man, keep up the good work!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Wow, wicked stuff. Incredible work. Can't wait to see it done.

Lemon soda. lol WTF, you crazy Aussies. :lol:

Hi All,

Well yesterday was Ridiculously HOT!!! It got up to 104 degrees yesterday and we were all dying...Still we got a lot of progress done.

Started with wiring up the distribution block for the full range amplifiers:

IMGP3990.jpg

From there we tackled the driver's side amplifier box, It houses one SD500.4 4-channel amp along with The Matrix

IMGP3994.jpg

IMGP4001.jpg

Next was the passenger's side amplifier box with 3 of the SD500.4's

IMGP3998.jpg

IMGP4003.jpg

They're Alive!!! (at midnight LOL)

IMGP3999.jpg

IMGP4004.jpg

And a quick look at the cover-up for our Garden Hose airconditioning setup...

IMGP4006.jpg

We also re-wired the rear (subwoofer) amplifier rack but there's not much to see there until the new speaker pods are trimmed and in place.

Sooo anyway lots more to do today to get it ready to drive to the show tomorrow!!!

More Soon.

Scott

this build is just so ridiculously clean. i love it

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

God damn... this build is incredible, stayed up to read a bit of the smd forums and ended up with it being 6 o clock in the morning and me having read every page of this :rofl: :rofl:

Inspirational work dude, much props :woot:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived