DC Sound Lab

DC 2K and Level 4's

Ok guys, let me preface this by saying I was always told that there is no such thing as a dumb question.

I have the DC 2k amp and bought my 2 Level 4 12's which are dual 1ohm voice coils. On the amp there are 2 neg outputs next to each other and 2 pos outputs next to each other. When I went to the12volt.com, it shows me how to wire these subs down to 1ohm using only 1+ and 1- output. That has left me confused on how to wire these subs down to 1ohm. The box is built and has 2 sets of terminals on it. Hopefully I've given you enough info to help my dumbass out. If you need a pic of the DC 2k outputs, just let me know. Please help me figure out how to wire these up correctly. Thanks.

C9C4C3E8-3F69-494B-94BC-C53A89C67B7F-832

767908B5-3C29-4973-945F-BFBBA1D2C64C-832

the speaker outputs are the same channel internally. they add the second terminal set for ease of wiring. you can wire them up just fine using one side.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if you have 1 set of speaker wires coming from the box to the amp, just use 1 pos and 1 neg..

they have 2 speaker terminals for more wire, so if you wanted to run another pos and neg from the speaker box, from the same spot *saying you had the subs wired inside, and bolts on the box for the wiring*

you can run 2 pos and 2 neg, its just for more flow thats all'

1 pos and 1 neg is fine though

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

They are internally combined. For that amp, you won't see any real gain in using 2 sets of wires. I would wire it with a single set going to the terminals.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Thank you fellas for the quick response and help. Like I said, hate to sound like a complete retard on this, but I'd rather ask for help then do something that could've screwed up the equiment.

:drink40:

I appreciate it!!! :drink40:

I ask and learn everday and like many people around here I've been in car audio for 10+ years :drink40:

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

That's why i love my SMD fam, always on the prawl to help out anyone anywhere on anything.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

the speaker outputs are the same channel internally. they add the second terminal set for ease of wiring. you can wire them up just fine using one side.

x2, its so you dont have to jam 2 8ga into 1 8ga hole depending on how you wire the subs.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/