Sonic Electronix

Subs in Separate Chamber Question

Got a quick question... When we did the yukong 8 18's We built the cabinets with a partition in the middle for support, however... we forgot to cut out part of the partition to connect the 2 chambers.... Let me give you a quick rundown and then I will ask the question...

4 DC Level 4 18's in one cabinet tuned to 34hz but there is a partition in the middle separating the 4 subs, 2 to each chamber. (We forgot to cut the holes in the partition to connect the 2 chambers) on 1 DC5k...

I set gains with DD1, with and without subs connected and have no clipping however, I cannot play for more than 30 seconds without subs heating up.

I have had issues with subs in separate chambers on same amp before in the past, however, these seem to be playing fine, cept the heat issue. (Some of the freqs above 40hz isnt there either, even tho the Term-Pro model says it should be... (I am thinking because of the partition.)

COULD THE PARTITION NOT BEING CUT OUT BE CAUSING THE HEAT ISSUE AND THE MISSING FREQS? WHAT IS YOUR GUYS INPUT ON THIS???

Edited by techforce

All of them heating up equally?

If all the chambers are exactly the same I'd say that wouldn't be causing the issue with heat. Are the chambers maybe too big?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

They are 10 cubes tuned to 34... exactly 5 cubes per sub... The reason I ask this is when I did Frankenstein, I had separate amps on each sub and when I decided to upgrade to 1 AQ3500 on the 2 15's, the subs sounded out of phase, even tho they were not, so I removed the partition and it sounded normal. (Did not play it long enough to notice any heat issue)

But, heat issue or not, I think that might just be a thermal issue, I am wondering if I should remove the partition? (I am wondering if I could get more out of it) In your thoughts, could it harm anything connecting the 2 partitions? SPL Hell is the same design, less bracing and one box and has no issues....(But I am running Memphis CM Cast Mojos in it)

i would be looking more at your amp/wiring for the heat issue altho having it in a common enclosure will make the subs think they are in a bigger box and might have more movement which could result in better cooling

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

If you are using the igor, then in could possibly be the sub. My igor ran really warm and got warm quick but never stinky. I dont remember seeing any coil vents on the sub so maybe it's lacking a little in the cooling department and just runs warm. Just my two cents.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

post the box specs. whats the size of the port?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.