Ok for a project for my rhetoric and composition I am supposed to start a flame war and write a paper about the results. I figure the easiest thing to flame about would be politics. Today's topic is this:

Your view on soldiers serving two years in the military straight out of high school and coming back and not being able to buy a handgun or enjoy a beer offered to them for serving the country.

Please flame on and argue, but back it up. Please don't make any stupid comments it will make the info much easier to read.

Edited by bcpballer64

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I say if we are trained to handle weapons, trained to go to battle, to shoot people, to give our lives. I think we should be able to enjoy the freedoms we fought for. I faced this when I returned home. I was only 19, and couldn't even get into some bars or clubs. It was pretty ridiculous. If you're expected to be able to deal with seeing horrific things then I think you can handle yourself in many other ways as well. Hope this helps

I think its a bit harsh but I agree with the age limits. Think about....average age of mothers now MUCH younger than what they used to be. So...because 14 year olds are bringing life into this world...should they be treated more of an adult and drink legally simply because her responsibilities have grown considerably?

Simple fact of the matter is, as sad as it is, its easier to stand and die than control your liquor or make better judgement calls while under the influence for younger adults.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

...dont you only have to be 18 to buy a gun? i think if youre trained to use guns to kill people you should be able to buy weapons. and probably make it easier for a class III license since they use automatic weapons in combat

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Ya prolly should have asked a mod...I was referring to a handgun btw not just gun. Anyone else have any opinions on the matter?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I say if we are trained to handle weapons, trained to go to battle, to shoot people, to give our lives. I think we should be able to enjoy the freedoms we fought for. I faced this when I returned home. I was only 19, and couldn't even get into some bars or clubs. It was pretty ridiculous. If you're expected to be able to deal with seeing horrific things then I think you can handle yourself in many other ways as well. Hope this helps

x2432545435413432

when i was selling guns at a sporting good store in houston, there was a lady who was from the military, 19 years old with a CHL(Concealed Handgun License to able to carry her handgun with her) and she still couldnt buy a gun......like really? if someone got a CHL in texas, they only can fill out the 4473 and exempt the background check.....i think its unfair about the age limit to soldiers who cant enjoy life at home like they did overseas, especially when some gone through hell and back............im going to germany, who's with me? lol jk

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

...dont you only have to be 18 to buy a gun? i think if youre trained to use guns to kill people you should be able to buy weapons. and probably make it easier for a class III license since they use automatic weapons in combat

only for long guns (rifle, shotgun, assault rifle(m4 carbine....well in texas. lol))

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

There are more reasons than just age which have influenced the factors that they set as far who can and cannot purchase firearms and alcohol.....Part of it is age yes but the other reasons are due to scientific research that shows ages of mental and psychological maturity so that plays a role

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Well I'll just say if the government deems you old enough to die for your country & kill another man.........

Now that doesn't mean I want to see 17 year olds getting hammered. It is what it is I guess.

Edited by azagtoth502

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls