The Mechman turbo Mustang!

MECHMAN

She sounds STRONG. Love the lope too! & the painter did a great job- it looks great even on video.

:clapping:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

What made you go the turbo route?

Just curious cause when I think muscle cars, I see supercharged.. But that is one bad ass mustang.

My dad had a 1989 mustang GT.. Sold it too a buddy for his son to build, now it runs at the local drags.

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

What made him go turbo? Three reasons:

1. Turbos are MUCH more traction friendly. As boost comes in in proportion to speed of the turbine, which is a function of RPM, it's much more manageable.

2. Turbos do not take HP to spin them - rather, they are spun by spent exhaust . . . a byproduct of every engine. To put this in perspective, the blower on John Force's funny car takes over 800 hp just to spin it. Of course, it also makes 60 pounds of boost . . . just sayin' . .

3. NOTHING feels as fast as a FAST turbo car (fast = 11s or quicker). As boost continues to increase through the RPM you are pulled further and further back into the seat. This is a function of the hp and tq curves and it's AWESOME.

And I have two different blown cars - a roots blown and a centrifugal blown. The roots blown makes 13 pounds of boost at 6,200 RPM - 10 of it instantly . . . from idle if you need it. This results in IMMEDIATE torque . . . as in like a nitrous car, but as quick as you like. This is EXTREMELY difficult to manage so I can't get in it until 25 mph or so on the street or it wants to swap ends. The centrifugal is on my 2003 Mustang GT . . . it makes great hp at the wheels, but would make 10 - 15% more without the engine having to use hp to spin it (same can be said for the roots btw). This is much more traction friendly as boost comes in similar to that of a turbo - proportional to RPM. It tops out at 10 PSI at about 6,400 RPM, which is as much as I'll dare with the stock bottom end. This car dead hooks from 5 mph - like, not even a squeak from the tires. Power shifting the 1-2 is pretty violent and it kicks the ass-end sideways so that you know you're having fun. Even though I don't street race any more, you'd need a much faster car to beat it from light to light. Evos and WRX STIs need not apply.

Matt - get that air filter OUT from behind the radiator - duct that to the front of the car or the cowl to get some nice cool air! For every 10 degree drop in IAT, you'll increase efficiency by 1%.

Two thumbs WAY up on this one!

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Matt - get that air filter OUT from behind the radiator - duct that to the front of the car or the cowl to get some nice cool air! For every 10 degree drop in IAT, you'll increase efficiency by 1%.

I was gonna say it, but I thought he may have a reason for it being there.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

What made him go turbo? Three reasons:

1. Turbos are MUCH more traction friendly. As boost comes in in proportion to speed of the turbine, which is a function of RPM, it's much more manageable.

2. Turbos do not take HP to spin them - rather, they are spun by spent exhaust . . . a byproduct of every engine. To put this in perspective, the blower on John Force's funny car takes over 800 hp just to spin it. Of course, it also makes 60 pounds of boost . . . just sayin' . .

3. NOTHING feels as fast as a FAST turbo car (fast = 11s or quicker). As boost continues to increase through the RPM you are pulled further and further back into the seat. This is a function of the hp and tq curves and it's AWESOME.

And I have two different blown cars - a roots blown and a centrifugal blown. The roots blown makes 13 pounds of boost at 6,200 RPM - 10 of it instantly . . . from idle if you need it. This results in IMMEDIATE torque . . . as in like a nitrous car, but as quick as you like. This is EXTREMELY difficult to manage so I can't get in it until 25 mph or so on the street or it wants to swap ends. The centrifugal is on my 2003 Mustang GT . . . it makes great hp at the wheels, but would make 10 - 15% more without the engine having to use hp to spin it (same can be said for the roots btw). This is much more traction friendly as boost comes in similar to that of a turbo - proportional to RPM. It tops out at 10 PSI at about 6,400 RPM, which is as much as I'll dare with the stock bottom end. This car dead hooks from 5 mph - like, not even a squeak from the tires. Power shifting the 1-2 is pretty violent and it kicks the ass-end sideways so that you know you're having fun. Even though I don't street race any more, you'd need a much faster car to beat it from light to light. Evos and WRX STIs need not apply.

Two thumbs WAY up on this one!

Im picking up what your throwing down.. lol I wish my car could be turboed.. I know theres the mazdaspeed 6 but I have the 3.0L and they only made that in the 2.3L.. but on the flip side they do have a supercharger for the 3.0L 6's

Edited by Stephen_og

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.